- Madison Realty Capital Provides $53 Million Construction Financing to Heritage Equity Partners for Multifamily Development in BrooklynPosted 4 hours ago
- Taconic Biosciences Expands Immuno-oncology Animal Model PortfolioPosted 1 day ago
- ینگ شینگ اناج اور تیل کی مہم ٹائمز اسکوائر، نیو یارک، یو ایس اے میں نشرPosted 5 days ago
- Yingshang Grains and Oils Campaign Appears at Times Square, New York, USAPosted 5 days ago
- Open Society Foundations Announce 2020 Puerto Rico Youth FellowsPosted 5 days ago
- Sabin Vaccine Institute Funds Researchers to Investigate COVID-19 Misinformation, Design Solutions to Increase Vaccine AcceptancePosted 6 days ago
- ٹی سی ایل کی جانب سے سی ای ایس 2021 کے موقع پر مختلف کیٹیگریز میں نئی مصنوعات کی رونمائی- ٹی وی ،آڈیو،موبائل اور جدید گھریلو مصنوعاتPosted 6 days ago
- At CES 2021 TCL Unveils Newest Products in Multi-Categories – TV, Audio, Mobile and Smart Home AppliancesPosted 6 days ago
- سنیک ویڈو نے افتتاحی مواد کے ساتھ پاکستان میں اپنی پہلی تخلیق کار یعنی افتیتاحی کنٹینٹ اکیڈمی کی شروعات کردی ہیںPosted 6 days ago
- SnackVideo Kickstarts Its First Creator Academy in Pakistan with Inaugural Content CreatorsPosted 6 days ago
NECOP CHANGEZ KHAN JAMALI INAUGURATES NECOP TECHNOLOGY CENTRE
Islamabad: Federal Minister for Science & Technology, Mir. Changez Khan Jamali Inaugurated NECOP Technology Centre, NTC Printed Circuit Board PCB Fabrication Facility & Centre for Quality Testing and Certification of Electronic Products at National Institute of Electronics here Thursday.
Speaking on the occasion the Minister said that the Engineers & Scientists are an integral part of the society and play a very important role in shaping up the social environment and the economy of any country. Even within a scientific community the Organizations cannot work in isolation.
The Minister appreciated the establishment of the Technology Centre and said it is an excellent example of collaboration between the two Technical Organizations of national importance.
The social & political struggle for economic development that our Nation is currently engaged cannot meet success without active support and cooperation of our research & development organizations.
He said at present, planners, policy makers and other Government functionaries have started realizing the importance of Technology based knowledge economy and its implementation in the Country.
Leadership at all levels whether Political, Social, Community Leadership or Professional, has to enhance and promote Science & Technology to create results in tangible shape.
The Minister said let us focus our people who are living below the poverty line and the people who are illiterate; we should support them by provision of basic necessities of life like electricity, pure drinking water & medication.
He appreciated the efforts made by the Employees of this Institute for bringing into practical shape the essential building blocks of any production unit comprising of R&D Labs, PCB fabrication, production line and testing facility.
He encouraged the Institute to come up with more meaningful and intensified achievements in the areas of indigenous technology development and product development.
He suggested NIE to make joint ventures with National & international partners to increase the production capacity and meet the demands of quality conscious markets.
In his speech Director General NECOP, Javed Iqbal Minhas said, It is indeed a day of pleasure and pride for of all of us that we are starting NIE Technology Centre NTC.
There is an urgent serious technological void in the areas critical for development and sustenance of Pakistan. Through this technology centre we plan to fill this void.
The project is being sponsored by Ministry of Defence through technical and financial assistance of China.
Major areas planned through NECOP include Communication systems, Electro Optics Systems, Automation Systems, Health applications.
At NTC the projects being started with immediate effect, include Smart Energy/gas meters, Communication systems, Information security systems, perimeter security systems, LED based lights and LED Based displays etc.
Earlier in his welcome address on behalf of Director General NIE, Mr. Saiful Islam Qureshi, Director NIE, briefed about the ongoing development activities and the newly completed projects at this Institute.
He said that National Institute of Electronics is equipped with latest state of the art hardware and software for design & development. Establishment of NECOP technology centre at NIE will open new avenues for further collaboration for indigenous production of commercial products to meet the demand of local market.
He added that the Institute has four essential component required for production i.e. R&D Labs, PCB Fabrication, Production Line & Testing Lab.
Ms. Rahela S. Baloch, Minister of State for Science & Technology, Mr. Akhlaq Ahmed Tarar, Federal Secretary, Ministry of Science & Technology, eminent Scientists & Engineers from various R&D organizations and senior officials from Ministry of Science & Technology were present at the occasion.
Later a Protocol for establishment of NECOP Technology Centre NTC was signed by Director General NECOP and Director NIE.