- InvestorBrandNetwork (IBN) Recaps 2020 Milestones, Outlines 2021 InitiativesPosted 2 days ago
- JinkoSolar Supplied 17.5MW High-efficiency Modules to Fauji Solar Power Plant in PakistanPosted 2 days ago
- Low Carbon on Cement Possible with CCSPosted 3 days ago
- Biotalys Submits First Protein-Based Biocontrol Registration Package to the EPAPosted 3 days ago
- نینو،30 ټائمز په ذریعہ زیفیرټیل د حل په ذریعہ د مواد فراہمی ګړندې کوې۔Posted 3 days ago
- جیمن کئیر نے anti-SARS-CoV-2 کو بے اثر کرنے والی اینٹی باڈی JMB2002 کے طبی تجربے کے پہلے مرحلے کا آغاز کردیاPosted 3 days ago
- NANO Accelerates Content Delivery by Thirty Times with Solutions from ZephyrTelPosted 3 days ago
- نانو نے زیفیرٹیل کے حل کے ہمراہ مواد کی فراہمی کی رفتار30 گُنا بڑھادیPosted 3 days ago
- پھولو ایک پاکسنانی کسان جس کے لاکھوں پرستار ہے نے ابھی سنیک ویڈیو جائن کیاPosted 3 days ago
- Phoollu, Pakistani farmer with millions of fans, just joined SnackVideoPosted 3 days ago
NADRA to open executive office in KIA
Karachi: NADRA will open up an Executive Office at Korangi Association of Trade and Industry (KATI) in order to facilitate association’s members and industrialists.
This was announced by Director General, NADRA Sindh, Brig. (Rtd) Jawed Iqbal Khan.
In a meeting with KATI’s office bearers and members here on Tuesday Brig. Jawed further announced to register KATI’s nominee as Attester for issuance of national identity card. He said that executive office of NADRA would be opened at KIA with the assistance of KATI.
He said that as trade and industry is most important segment of the economy. NADRA has decided to facilitate KATI members as a special case. He said that Smart Card introduced by NADRA is a third generation document having as many 36 security features. The state of the art Smart National ID Card provides hi-tech solution and protection of identity of the holder. Smart National ID Card (SNIC) is much smarter and advance than old Computerized National Identity Card (CNIC). These are chip based identity cards; designed in such a way to fulfil all the needs of latest technology advancements and to store data. Smart cards will be directly connected to central database of NADRA. Holder of Smart NIC will have free facility of life insurance for two years.
There are plans to associate many facilities with it e.g. biometrics, e-tag on motorway tolls, emergency relief in disasters, driving license, weapon license, passport, school card, health card and electronic voting. It would also help to access the cash disbursement programs, branchless banking and financial transactions etc. There is also provision of storing data of approved associates e.g. banks etc.
Javed Iqbal Khan said that voters list has been computerized as it has gone into data bank already. He, however, said that next elections after five years would be computerized.
Speaking on the occasion Patron In-Chief KATI, S M Muneer, said that the working of almost every government functionary is deteriorating, however, NADRA is an exception which has become state-of-the-art department.
He agreed with the suggestion given by the Chairman KATI Zubair Chhaya to open up NADRA office in Korangi Industrial Area as industrialists need to go far way to get NADRA services.
Mohammad Zubair Chhaya advised in his welcome address that delivery of NADRA cards should be proper and through some courier service at the applicant’s doorstep after verification of the address so that some elements would not use fake address. He also suggested NADRA DG to depute some liaison officer to assist KATI members.
President All Karachi Industrial Alliance, Mian Zahid Hussain said that over 200,000 people are working in KIA and NADRA office is duly needed to be established in KIA. He suggested NADRA to approve KATI’s nominee to attest documents for CNIC.
Vice Chairman Niaz Ahmed also spoke on the occasion.