- چین کا ہینان فری ٹریڈ پورٹ21واں جشن منعقد کررہاہےPosted 2 days ago
- چین-آسیان ٹیکنالوجی ٹرانسفر اور جدت طرازی تعاون پر آٹھویں فورم کا ناننگ میں آغاز ہوگیاPosted 2 days ago
- ہینان فری تجارتی بندرگاہ پر پہلا انٹرنیشنل ٹورزم ایکیوپمنٹ ایکسپو کا انعقادPosted 2 days ago
- The 8th Forum on China-ASEAN Technology Transfer and Collaborative Innovation Unveiled in NanningPosted 3 days ago
- The First Hainan International Tourism Equipment Expo Held at the Hainan Free Trade PortPosted 3 days ago
- China’s Hainan Free Trade Port Holds the 21st CarnivalPosted 3 days ago
- The MILLA Group Selects the Leddar Pixell From LeddarTech for the MILLA POD Autonomous ShuttlePosted 5 days ago
- 10kW+ Laser Cutting Machine Made a Sales Record of 260 Sets, Bodor Laser Constantly Surprises the MarketPosted 6 days ago
- ننشا میں منعقدہ آئی ایف ایف میں سسٹین ایبل اکنامک ڈیویلپمنٹ ایک گرما گرم موضوع بنا ہوا ہےPosted 6 days ago
- SNOMED CT supports New Zealand’s Canterbury District Health Board realize vision of a data driven, connected and integrated health systemPosted 6 days ago
NADRA PM Applauds the role of NARDA
Islamabad: Prime Minister Justice R Mir Hazar Khan Khoso has expressed satisfaction over the contributions of National Database and Registration Authority NADRA towards preparation of electoral lists which will ensure transparency in the forthcoming elections.
The Prime Minister made these observations at a briefing at the PM’s House on Thursday over the role of NADRA in the preparation of electoral lists 2012.
Mr. Tariq Malik, Chairman NADRA recalled the measures and efforts made by the Authority to prepare the lists. The Chairman informed the meeting “it became the technology arm of the Election Commission of Pakistan” and sensitized the 2007 electoral lists by eliminating 37 million unverified voters.
Mr. Tariq Malik informed the Prime Minister about the salient features of the electoral lists which was prepared by the use of latest available technology and under the provisions of electoral rolls Act 1974. For the first time in the history of Pakistan door to door verification methodology was adopted to ensure that no voter remains disenfranchised.
After the preparation of the lists , it was publicized though SMS, placed at 65000 display centers across the country and linked to SMS via 8300. The final electoral rolls 2012 on which the present elections are being held involved consultation with political parties, academicians, Non-Governmental Organizations and civil society, said the Chairman NADRA.
The voter lists also carries thumb impression and photograph of the voter, he informed.
The meeting was informed that 34 million voters had accessed till date the voter lists though SMS service via 8300 which gives instant information to a voter about the polling station, his serial no and other necessary information to enable him/her to cast the vote.
The Chairman said that he was happy to inform the meeting that the objective of ensuring “one-CNIC one-vote one-voter” has been achieved.
The meeting was also informed that electoral lists also includes the registration of 2759120 non-Muslim voters.
The meeting was informed that NADRA has published electoral votes with photographs of the voters to be used by the presiding officers in polling stations. Such electoral lists will eliminate casting of vote by impersonation.
The Chairman NADRA informed the meeting that the Authority has helped the ECP in creating of voters database instead of voter lists. This has increased the confidence of the political parties, international observers and most importantly voters on the credibility of ECP.
The Chairman also informed the meeting that it has prepared a technology to streamline the procedure of casting of votes by the overseas Pakistanis which shall be used in the next elections.
The Prime Minister disclosed that he had advised the President of Pakistan to issue an Ordinance to grant overseas Pakistanis the right to vote.
The Prime Minister congratulated the NADRA for its innovative contributions and contributions towards strengthening democracy in Pakistan.
The meeting was attended by senior officials of the NADRA and Prime Minister’s Secretariat.