- Taconic Biosciences Expands Immuno-oncology Animal Model PortfolioPosted 12 hours ago
- ینگ شینگ اناج اور تیل کی مہم ٹائمز اسکوائر، نیو یارک، یو ایس اے میں نشرPosted 4 days ago
- Yingshang Grains and Oils Campaign Appears at Times Square, New York, USAPosted 5 days ago
- Open Society Foundations Announce 2020 Puerto Rico Youth FellowsPosted 5 days ago
- Sabin Vaccine Institute Funds Researchers to Investigate COVID-19 Misinformation, Design Solutions to Increase Vaccine AcceptancePosted 5 days ago
- ٹی سی ایل کی جانب سے سی ای ایس 2021 کے موقع پر مختلف کیٹیگریز میں نئی مصنوعات کی رونمائی- ٹی وی ،آڈیو،موبائل اور جدید گھریلو مصنوعاتPosted 6 days ago
- At CES 2021 TCL Unveils Newest Products in Multi-Categories – TV, Audio, Mobile and Smart Home AppliancesPosted 6 days ago
- سنیک ویڈو نے افتتاحی مواد کے ساتھ پاکستان میں اپنی پہلی تخلیق کار یعنی افتیتاحی کنٹینٹ اکیڈمی کی شروعات کردی ہیںPosted 6 days ago
- SnackVideo Kickstarts Its First Creator Academy in Pakistan with Inaugural Content CreatorsPosted 6 days ago
- سی آر آر سی نے آسٹریلیا میں چینی ثقافتی لائبریریاں قائم کردیںPosted 7 days ago
NA: NA standing committee summons bosses for granting permission to erect barriers
Islamabad: NA Standing Committee on House and Library has summoned Secretary M/o Interior, Chief Commissioner ICT and Inspector General of Police, Islamabad in its next meeting along with record pertaining to grant of permission to Marriott and Serena Hotels to erect barriers causing blockage of roads and use of green belts/open spaces in their vicinity as parking.
The issue was referred to the Committee by the National Assembly during its previous session. The Committee met under the chairmanship of Deputy Speaker, National Assembly Faisal Karim Kundi in the Parliament House on Thursday.
The representatives of both the Hotels informed the committee that they were authorized by the government to use the open space/greenbelts for which they were paying rent to the CDA. The Committee was not convinced by the arguments of the Hotel representatives, therefore, decided to take up the matter with the concerned authorities in its next meeting.
Apprising the latest status of National Assembly Employees Cooperative Housing Society NAECHS, the Administrator of NAECHS informed the Committee that agreement has been signed with an adjacent society for provision of plots to the members of NAECHS and per this agreement the price of a plot measuring 30×60 feet would be Rs.850,000/.
He further informed the Committee that 465 kanals land were in the possession as a compact block and CDA has also approved the LOP. He assured the Committee that very soon allotment letter to members of the society will be issued. The Deputy Speaker appreciated the efforts of Special Committee on NAECHS, Islamabad Administration and CDA for brining the issue before the Committee to amicable solution.
The members of the committee expressed their concern over the quality of food supplied to Parliamentarians, cleanliness condition in cafeteria in Parliament Lodges and poor quality of maintenance work carried out by CDA in Parliament Lodges.
The Deputy Speaker directed the CDA to take prompt action on the complaints made by the Parliamentarians and strictly monitor the quality of food and tidiness in the cafeteria at Parliament Lodges.
He decided that he will personally visit the Parliament Lodges to check the maintenance work in Parliament Lodges alongwith the Chairman CDA. The Committee also expressed its reservation over the illegal private schools, guest houses and NGOs office in the residential area in Islamabad. The Committee Members were of the view that those schools, offices and guest houses irked the masses residing in these areas. The Committee directed the CDA to take action against all those carrying commercial activities in the residential areas.
The members who attended the meeting were MNAs Mehreen Anwar Raja, Advocate, Mrs. Shagufta Jumani, Mrs. Belum Hasnain, Mr. Asghar Ali Jatt, Mrs. Asiya Nasir, and Noor Alam Khan.