- ورلڈفری زون آرگنائزیشن جیانگ ڈونگ نیو ایریا، ہائیکو میں ایشیا-پیسفک صدر دفاتر قائم کرے گاPosted 5 days ago
- The World Free Zone Organization to Set up Asia-Pacific Headquarters in Jiangdong New Area, HaikouPosted 5 days ago
- Despite Brexit Uncertainty, Business Schools in UK Continue to See Strong International DemandPosted 1 week ago
- Validated with Microsoft Skype for Business, Patton Delivers Cloud-Powered IntegrationPosted 1 week ago
- وزيرة النقل بالولايات المتحدة، إلين تشاو، تعلن عن مجلس جديد لدعم تسويق “الهايبرلوب”.Posted 2 weeks ago
- U.S. Secretary of Transportation Elaine Chao Announces New Council to Support Hyperloop CommercializationPosted 2 weeks ago
- پانی کی ری سائکلنگ اورمینجمنٹ کے لئے قانون سازی کا مطالبہPosted 2 weeks ago
- Call for Legislative Action for Water Recycling and ManagementPosted 2 weeks ago
- ترکی میں کرپٹوکرنسی کے ذریعے جائیداد خریدنا اب ممکن انطالیہ ہومز کے ساتھPosted 3 weeks ago
- YPO Names Elizabeth Zucker 2019-2020 ChairmanPosted 3 weeks ago
Muslim mother left unconscious in an Islamophobic attack at McDonald’s in Liverpool
Liverpool A Muslim mother of four was beaten unconscious recently in front of her children in an Islamophobic attack at a McDonald's store in Liverpool City in the United Kingdom.
The racist attack took place when 30-year-old Hanan Hamoud, who was ordering a meal for the family, was mocked by the attacker, Kellie Cooke, for her accent, Liverpool Echo local newspaper reported.
Prosecutor Melanie Tomlinson told the British court that Cooke turned to members of staff and said: "she doesn't know what she's saying."
The attacker then turned to Hamoud and told her "go back to your own country, you shouldn't wear that scarf (hijab) in this country," pointing at her headscarf and saying, "why are you not wearing a full face covering, f ."
Cooke later started to become more abusive and shouted at Hamoud's children, while the victim tried to call her husband out of "sheer fear."
Cooke then attempted to rip the victim's headscarf off and knocked her unconscious.
When police entered the store, they found Cooke still hurling racist slurs. She pleaded guilty to aggravated racist assault, according to the Liverpool Echo report.
District Judge Wendy Lloyd said Cook needed a pre-sentence report before passing sentence, according to Daily Sabah Newspaper.
"This must have been extremely frightening for these victims. As well as frightening, it was utterly degrading for her and her children who were no doubt going out for what they thought would be a lovely meal," Lloyd said.
Source: International Islamic News Agency