- Bombardier and Alstom Confirm Receipt of All Necessary Regulatory Approvals to Complete Bombardier Transportation Sale to AlstomPosted 4 hours ago
- U.S. Institute of Peace Opens Nominations for 2021 Women Building Peace AwardPosted 4 hours ago
- دو صنعتی شہروں کے مابین ایک مکالمہ: فریڈررک اینگلس کی پیدائش کی دو سوسالہ یاد منانے کے موقع پر چین کے ڈونگوان میں وُوپرٹال تصویری نمائش کا آغازPosted 10 hours ago
- HIV Prevention Trials Network Awarded U.S. National Institutes of Health Funding to Continue Research AgendaPosted 15 hours ago
- Aafaq Auto Fest surprises visitors with a helicopter and a giant boatPosted 16 hours ago
- A dialogue between two industrial cities: Wuppertal Photo Exhibition launched in China’s Dongguan to commemorate the bicentenary of the birth of Friedrich EnglesPosted 1 day ago
- Bombardier Appoints Bart Demosky Executive Vice President and Chief Financial OfficerPosted 1 day ago
- چین کا ہینان فری ٹریڈ پورٹ21واں جشن منعقد کررہاہےPosted 4 days ago
- چین-آسیان ٹیکنالوجی ٹرانسفر اور جدت طرازی تعاون پر آٹھویں فورم کا ناننگ میں آغاز ہوگیاPosted 4 days ago
- ہینان فری تجارتی بندرگاہ پر پہلا انٹرنیشنل ٹورزم ایکیوپمنٹ ایکسپو کا انعقادPosted 4 days ago
MQM and PPP top in electioneering despite law & order situation in Sindh
Karachi: Contrary to the claims of political parties that their electioneering has been hampered by the law & order situation in Sindh, the police record shows that 970 activities including corner meetings, congregations, opening of election offices have taken place from April 01 to May 05, 2013.
The Muttahida Qaumi Movement (MQM), who had announced closing the election offices after incidents of bomb blasts, tops the parties very much active in election campaign, as the police recorded its 243 activities including 112 corner meetings, 90 office opening ceremonies, 13 rallies, 4 congregations, 9 press conferences, 11 inauguration/election conventions and three other activities pertaining to election.
Pakistan Peoples’ Party (PPP) follows the MQM, as it held 187 activities during the period under report. These activities include 131 corner meetings, 18 rallies, 14 congregations, 3 press conferences, 4 inauguration/election conventions, 3 protests, 9 office opening ceremonies, 2 gatherings, one hunger strike and 2 other activities.
The Pakistan Muslim League –Functional (PML-L) ranks third having conducted 150 activities including 124 corner meetings, 6 press conferences and 17 rallies. The PML-N carried out 102 activities including 71 corner meetings, 17 rallies and 7 congregations. The Jamaat-e-Islami (JI) carried out 62 activities including 37 corner meetings, 11 rallies and 6 office opening ceremonies. The Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf (PTI) comes after JI, as it conducted 39 activities including 31 corner meetings, 2 rallies, 2 congregations and 2 office opening ceremonies.
The activities of other political parties were at very low level as the police record shows that PML-A conducted 23 activities, PPP-SB only 10, ANP 19, JUI-F 25, AML 2, MQM-H 6, STPP 6, SSP 5, SUP 5, ST 16, Awami Tehreek 0nly one while independent candidates carried out 34 corner meetings.