- Nasdaq وIraq Stock Exchange توقّعان على اتفاقية جديدة حول تكنولوجيا السوقPosted 22 hours ago
- یوٹل نے آسٹریلیا اور میلبورن میں اولین فلیگشپ ہوٹل کے لئے پرعزم ترقیاتی منصوبوں کا اعلان کردیاPosted 2 days ago
- Nasdaq and the Iraq Stock Exchange Signs New Market Technology AgreementPosted 2 days ago
- ” فوجیان کے اطراف سیاحت، حاصل کریں تمام نعمتیں” رنگ برنگے ژینگژو کی شاندار دنیا میں خوش آمدیدPosted 3 days ago
- Yotel Announces Ambitious Growth Plans for Australia and First Flagship Hotel in MelbournePosted 3 days ago
- “Tour around Fujian, Have all Blessings” — Welcome to the Fantastic World of Colorful ZhangzhouPosted 4 days ago
- ہائیکو میں ڈکٹیل کریک کے ساتھ تصویر کی مانند دلکش واٹرفرنٹ راہداریPosted 1 week ago
- الخطوط الجوية الكويتية تنضمّ إلى نادي عطلات أنانتارا كأحدث شريك يتيح تحويل نقاط الطيرانPosted 1 week ago
- Anantara Vacation Club to add Kuwait Airways as Newest Airline Points Conversion PartnerPosted 1 week ago
- Picturesque Waterfront Corridor along Ducktail Creek in HaikouPosted 1 week ago
Meeting of the Standing Committee on Interior held at Parliament House
Chairman Committee on Interior, Senator Abdul Rehman Malik, in a meeting on Friday, urged the Financial Action Task Force (FATF) and the International Community, not to fall prey to Indian propaganda and add Pakistan to the Black List. He said that considering Pakistan's sacrifices in the War on Terror, it must be removed from the Grey List as well. He said that no country has done more than Pakistan to end terrorism and no country hasreceived the damage Pakistan has received both in terms of loss of human lives of its civilians and troops and also a great devastation to its basic infrastructure and economy. He asserted that each year Pakistani incurs a loss of PKR12 billion due to its Grey List status. This discussion came as a result of the Chairman's decision to review the National Action Plan in July, since numerous issues would pertain to FATF and regional security. Senator A. Rehman Malik welcomed Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi's letter in reply to letter by their Prime Minister Imran Khan and said that he wishes PM Narendra Modi gives up his war's doctrine and antiPakistan policy but play positive role towards peace. He said that the government must inform the parliament about the letter of PM Narendra Modi as so far government has not made it public.
Senator Maulana AttaUrRehman raised the Point of Public Importance regarding Provision of Residential Accommodation of Khateebs, Moazzans and CDA Mosque employees. He was of the view that unlawful allocation of such accommodation be stopped and those responsible be brought to justice. Chairman Committee, Senator Abdul Rehman Malik while taking strict notice of the absence of the Chairman CDA, instructed the CDA to allocate all those who have been deprived of their rightful accommodation within six months and reimburse all costs of private accommodation that they might have procured.
The Islamabad Community Integration Bill, 2019 introduced by Senator Rana Maqbool was takenup in the meeting. Senator Rana Maqbool, informed the Committee that this Bill had been inspired by the prophet's message. He said that for Pakistan to replicate RiasateMadina it was important that measures be taken to integrate the community, so that they would stand together at all times.
Despite all members agreeing to the essence of the Bill in principle, it was recommended that certain clauses of the Bill be revisited. The Committee suggested that there be no involvement of the Government and that this must be run by a local level, where the Deputy Commissioner would conduct elections. The need was stressed for it to be completely welfare based. Chairman Committee, Senator Abdul Rehman Malik praised the initiative and said that this would be takenup in the next meeting.
Senator JavedAbbassi took strong notice of the absence of the Minister for Interior and said that Parliamentary action must be taken against such attitude. Chairman Committee, Senator Abdul Rehman Malik requested the Committee to condone this issue for one last time, after which a show cause notice will be issued.
Chairedby Senator Abdul rehman Malik, the meeting was attended by Senator KalsoomParveen, Senator Muhammad JavedAbbasi, Senator Asad Ali Khan Junejo, Senator Rana Maqbool Ahmed, Senator Sardar Muhammad Shafiq Tareen, Senator Dr. Shahzad Waseem and senior officers from the Ministry of Interior, Ministry of Law, CDA along with all concerned.
Source: Senate of Pakistan