- چین کا ہینان فری ٹریڈ پورٹ21واں جشن منعقد کررہاہےPosted 1 hour ago
- چین-آسیان ٹیکنالوجی ٹرانسفر اور جدت طرازی تعاون پر آٹھویں فورم کا ناننگ میں آغاز ہوگیاPosted 1 hour ago
- ہینان فری تجارتی بندرگاہ پر پہلا انٹرنیشنل ٹورزم ایکیوپمنٹ ایکسپو کا انعقادPosted 2 hours ago
- The 8th Forum on China-ASEAN Technology Transfer and Collaborative Innovation Unveiled in NanningPosted 9 hours ago
- The First Hainan International Tourism Equipment Expo Held at the Hainan Free Trade PortPosted 23 hours ago
- China’s Hainan Free Trade Port Holds the 21st CarnivalPosted 23 hours ago
- The MILLA Group Selects the Leddar Pixell From LeddarTech for the MILLA POD Autonomous ShuttlePosted 2 days ago
- 10kW+ Laser Cutting Machine Made a Sales Record of 260 Sets, Bodor Laser Constantly Surprises the MarketPosted 3 days ago
- ننشا میں منعقدہ آئی ایف ایف میں سسٹین ایبل اکنامک ڈیویلپمنٹ ایک گرما گرم موضوع بنا ہوا ہےPosted 4 days ago
- SNOMED CT supports New Zealand’s Canterbury District Health Board realize vision of a data driven, connected and integrated health systemPosted 4 days ago
May 12: Karachi lawyers observe black day
Karachi: Legal fraternity of Karachi on Monday observed a black day to register protest against Karachi of carnage May 12, 2007 when many lawyers were killed and injured during the lawyers’ movement for the restoration of free judiciary.
The leaders of the lawyers association condemned the Karachi carnage and paid tribute to the martyrs. Lawyers hoisted black flags at the Sindh High Court and other subordinate courts.
General meeting of the Sindh High Court Bar Association SHCBA was also held, where lawyer demanded the chief justice of Pakistan to take suo moto notice of the May 12 incident and bring those responsible to justice. The meeting was attended by the SHCBA’s president Mustafa Lakhani and Ashraf Samoo president Malir Bar Association.
The meeting also condemned the attack on Ashraf Samoo’s house on 12 May 2013 by some armed men, in which his brother and cousin were injured. It called upon the government to provide security to the Mr Samoo.