- JETEX EXPANDS ITS PRESENCE IN DUBAIPosted 10 hours ago
- InvestorBrandNetwork (IBN) Recaps 2020 Milestones, Outlines 2021 InitiativesPosted 3 days ago
- JinkoSolar Supplied 17.5MW High-efficiency Modules to Fauji Solar Power Plant in PakistanPosted 3 days ago
- Low Carbon on Cement Possible with CCSPosted 4 days ago
- Biotalys Submits First Protein-Based Biocontrol Registration Package to the EPAPosted 4 days ago
- نینو،30 ټائمز په ذریعہ زیفیرټیل د حل په ذریعہ د مواد فراہمی ګړندې کوې۔Posted 4 days ago
- جیمن کئیر نے anti-SARS-CoV-2 کو بے اثر کرنے والی اینٹی باڈی JMB2002 کے طبی تجربے کے پہلے مرحلے کا آغاز کردیاPosted 5 days ago
- NANO Accelerates Content Delivery by Thirty Times with Solutions from ZephyrTelPosted 5 days ago
- نانو نے زیفیرٹیل کے حل کے ہمراہ مواد کی فراہمی کی رفتار30 گُنا بڑھادیPosted 5 days ago
- پھولو ایک پاکسنانی کسان جس کے لاکھوں پرستار ہے نے ابھی سنیک ویڈیو جائن کیاPosted 5 days ago
Mangla Dam Raising Project: WAPDA initiates 4 more schemes of Rs645 million
Lahore: The Pakistan Water and Power Development Authority (WAPDA) today initiated four development schemes worth Rs645 million in the vicinity of Mangla Dam Raising Project as confidence building measures, besides spending a hefty amount of Rs70 billion on compensation of land and resettlement works for affectees of the project. These new schemes included dualisation of Mangla-Mirpur Road and three Public Parks.
Addressing the foundation stone laying ceremony of the schemes, Azad Jammu and Kashmir (AJK) Prime Minister Chaudhry Abdul Majeed said that WAPDA and its leadership did a tremendous job in completing Mangla Dam Raising Project and fulfilling their commitments visàvis compensation package for the affectees. He also thanked WAPDA for undertaking additional development schemes in AJK.
AJK President Sardar Muhammad Yaqoob appreciated WAPDA for not only completing the project of immense importance but also implementing the agreement inked for resettlement and rehabilitation of the affectees in letter and spirit.
Speaking on the occasion WAPDA Chairman Syed Raghib Shah said that WAPDA started additional development schemes in view of its corporate social responsibility, adding that all the four schemes would be completed in six months. He vowed to actively execute resettlement and rehabilitation agreements in case of all other water and hydropower projects being constructed in the country including AJK.
Dilating upon the benefits of Mangla Dam Raising Project, WAPDA Chairman said that the project will be instrumental in socioeconomic uplift of the country. The project will provide 2.9 million acre feet of additional water for agriculture and generate 644 million additional units of electricity annually from the existing Mangla Hydel Power Station, he added.
Earlier, AJK Prime Minister Chaudhry Abdul Majeed laid foundation stone of dualisation of ManglaMirpur Road, while WAPDA Chairman Syed Raghib Shah, former WAPDA Chairman Shakil Durrani and AJK Chief Secretary Muhammad Shehzad Arbab laid foundation stones of the three WAPDA Public Parks.