- Shanghai Electric Signs MOU with Saudi’s ACWA Power to Co-develop Global Solar ProjectsPosted 21 hours ago
- Shanghai Electric Signs MOU with Saudi’s ACWA Power to Co-develop Global Solar ProjectsPosted 22 hours ago
- Shanghai Electric Signs MOU with Saudi’s ACWA Power to Co-develop Global Solar ProjectsPosted 23 hours ago
- Bombardier Commercial Aircraft Enhances Customer Support in Africa and the Middle East with Relocation of its Q Series Aircraft Regional Support TeamPosted 2 days ago
- Twelve Seas Investment Company Signs Agreement to Combine with a UAE CompanyPosted 2 weeks ago
- New Virtual CPE Supports VNF Hypervisor Solutions for SD-WANPosted 2 weeks ago
- Ontario Racquet Club Increases Their Membership By 20% With Retractable Roof from OpenAirePosted 2 weeks ago
- د بي اېکس بي په بی اېکس ټربو باندې په لومړي ځل د ايي اي او پروجېکټ اعلانPosted 3 weeks ago
- بی ایکس بی کا بی ایکس ٹربو پر پہلے آئی ای او پروجیکٹ کا اعلانPosted 3 weeks ago
- BXB Announces First IEO Project on BXB TurboPosted 3 weeks ago
Libyan FM calls for lifting of arms embargo, following Tripoli terrorist attack
Tripoli Libya's Foreign Minister Mohamed Siala called on the international community to partially lift its arms embargo on Libya, following the terrorist attack on the Foreign Ministry headquarter in Tripoli on Tuesday.
What happened today is a message to the international community to respond to Libya's requests to the sanctions committee for granting exemptions to the supply of certain types of weapons to counter terrorism, Siala said in a joint press conference with Interior Minister Fathi Bashagha in the capital Tripoli.
We insist on pressing and continuing the demand to partially lift the arms embargo. The 'Security Arrangements' cannot be implemented without lifting the arms embargo, the foreign minister said, adding that the international community has to respond to these demands if it has the desire to resist terrorism.
For his part, Interior Minister Bashagha said that Tuesday's terrorist attack on the Foreign Ministry building was carried out by three assailants. He confirmed that two people were killed and 18 others wounded in the incident.
Source: International Islamic News Agency