- شركة Sphera تُطلق برنامجًا متطورًا مصممًا لتحويل أداء سلامة العمليات وإدارة المخاطر التشغيليةPosted 3 days ago
- Sphera Launches Cutting-Edge Software Designed to Transform Process Safety and Operational Risk Management PerformancePosted 3 days ago
- New Style of Remote Lesson, Experience-based Event “Pinch to Move! Three-dimensional Vision in Air” in ActionPosted 3 days ago
- [INVNT GROUP]™ And World Air League® Partner On World-First Cultural, Sports And Entertainment Event, World Sky Race®Posted 5 days ago
- یو لسم پین بیبو ګلف اقتصادی تعاون فورم او 2020 بیبو ګلف انټر نیشنل ګیټ وے پورټ تعاون سمټ 15 اکتوبر له په ګوانګسی نیننګ ښار کښي منعقد شو۔Posted 5 days ago
- Carnegie Endowment Announces The Malcolm H. Kerr Carnegie Middle East CenterPosted 5 days ago
- مؤسسة كارنيغي للسلام الدولي تُعلن عن “مركز مالكوم كير- كارنيغي للشرق الأوسط”Posted 5 days ago
- گیارہواں پین بیبو گلف اکانومک کوپریشن فورم اور 2020 بیبوگلف انٹر نیشنل گیٹ وے پورٹ کوپریشن سمٹ 15 اکتوبر کو گوانگزے کے شہر نیننگ میں منعقد ہواPosted 7 days ago
- The 11th Pan-Beibu Gulf Economic Cooperation Forum & 2020 Beibu Gulf International Gateway Port Cooperation Summit was held on October 15 in Guangxi’s Nanning CityPosted 1 week ago
KWSB ends free water tanker service
Karachi: Free tanker service has been suspended by Karachi Water & Sewerage Board KWSB
VIPs and institutions enjoying the free service till now would not receive this facility anymore.
KWSB Managing Director Misbahuddin Farid directed engineers and staff deployed at hydrants not to provide any free tankers to anyone. The decision was taken due to the poor financial condition of KW&SB.
He said that in order to improve the water supply and sewage disposal services it is vital that revenue recovery is increases. KW&SB initiated a recovery campaign and so far the results are positive. He said that we have informed all the VIPs and Institutions receiving free tankers and now they will purchase the tankers at government rates.
He said that KW&SB is a civic service institution providing water to the citizens from sources 200 kilometers away through three pumping phases. We are also disposing 550 million gallons of sewage daily. Consumer cooperation from both bulk and residential consumers is very necessary in order to keep the systems running smoothly.
He said that we are facing many problems; we have to pay the heavy electricity bills for running more than 200 water pumping stations and worlds’ largest pumping complex at Dhabeji. We also bear the filtration and chlorination expenses and pay salaries to 14000 employees of the organization in order to ensure that the systems run smoothly without any disruption.
He said that in this situation, KW&SB cannot continue to provide free tanker service and we appeal from all VIPs, Institutions, bulk and residential consumers to cooperate with Karachi Water & Sewerage Board so that we can use the income from tanker service for the betterment of the citizens.