- Bombardier Announces Closing Date, Amended Terms for Sale of Aerostructures Business to Spirit AeroSystems Holding, Inc.Posted 12 hours ago
- شركة Sphera تُطلق برنامجًا متطورًا مصممًا لتحويل أداء سلامة العمليات وإدارة المخاطر التشغيليةPosted 5 days ago
- Sphera Launches Cutting-Edge Software Designed to Transform Process Safety and Operational Risk Management PerformancePosted 5 days ago
- New Style of Remote Lesson, Experience-based Event “Pinch to Move! Three-dimensional Vision in Air” in ActionPosted 6 days ago
- [INVNT GROUP]™ And World Air League® Partner On World-First Cultural, Sports And Entertainment Event, World Sky Race®Posted 1 week ago
- یو لسم پین بیبو ګلف اقتصادی تعاون فورم او 2020 بیبو ګلف انټر نیشنل ګیټ وے پورټ تعاون سمټ 15 اکتوبر له په ګوانګسی نیننګ ښار کښي منعقد شو۔Posted 1 week ago
- Carnegie Endowment Announces The Malcolm H. Kerr Carnegie Middle East CenterPosted 1 week ago
- مؤسسة كارنيغي للسلام الدولي تُعلن عن “مركز مالكوم كير- كارنيغي للشرق الأوسط”Posted 1 week ago
- گیارہواں پین بیبو گلف اکانومک کوپریشن فورم اور 2020 بیبوگلف انٹر نیشنل گیٹ وے پورٹ کوپریشن سمٹ 15 اکتوبر کو گوانگزے کے شہر نیننگ میں منعقد ہواPosted 1 week ago
- The 11th Pan-Beibu Gulf Economic Cooperation Forum & 2020 Beibu Gulf International Gateway Port Cooperation Summit was held on October 15 in Guangxi’s Nanning CityPosted 1 week ago
KWSB disconnects 32 industries
Karachi: Karachi Water & Sewerage Board KW&SB has disconnected water supply to 23 defaulting industries in the Landhi Industrial Area.
Landhi Association of Trade & Industry has been informed about the decision. KW&SB fulfilled all the legal formalities before disconnecting the supply to these industries and issued final notices to them.
On the directions of Managing Director, KW&SB Misbahuddin Farid Revenue and Engineering Department started a joint recovery campaign that has been quite effective so far.
KW&SB is ensuring swift provision of water to Landhi Industrial zone that spreads till National Highway, whereas KW&SB is also responsible for disposal of sewage from this area. However, the recovery condition from the zone is very poor and despite repeated appeals for cooperation to the industries and the LATI the condition was still the same.
Misbahuddin Farid said that industries in the Landhi Zone are indeed vital for the economic growth of the country but we believe that KW&SB has to serve the economic back bone of the country Karachi. In order to serve the city we need consumer cooperation. KW&SB would serve at its best only if we are paid all the outstanding dues and taxes.
He said that in the first phase water connection to 23 defaulters have been disconnected with total dues of 130 millions, and hoped that LATI would play its role to resolve this matter. Gulshan Abdullah, Ali Safdar Rizvi, Abdul Qadir Saangri, Suti Enterprises, Insaaf Foundation, Orient Industries, Metropolitan Steel Corporation, Abdul Sami, Kashi Private Ltd are amongst the prominent defaulters of the zone.
KW&SB has requested the defaulters to pay their outstanding dues at the earliest in order to maintain a healthy consumer/provider relationship enabling KW&SB to serve them better.