- InvestorBrandNetwork (IBN) Recaps 2020 Milestones, Outlines 2021 InitiativesPosted 1 day ago
- JinkoSolar Supplied 17.5MW High-efficiency Modules to Fauji Solar Power Plant in PakistanPosted 1 day ago
- Low Carbon on Cement Possible with CCSPosted 2 days ago
- Biotalys Submits First Protein-Based Biocontrol Registration Package to the EPAPosted 2 days ago
- نینو،30 ټائمز په ذریعہ زیفیرټیل د حل په ذریعہ د مواد فراہمی ګړندې کوې۔Posted 2 days ago
- جیمن کئیر نے anti-SARS-CoV-2 کو بے اثر کرنے والی اینٹی باڈی JMB2002 کے طبی تجربے کے پہلے مرحلے کا آغاز کردیاPosted 2 days ago
- NANO Accelerates Content Delivery by Thirty Times with Solutions from ZephyrTelPosted 2 days ago
- نانو نے زیفیرٹیل کے حل کے ہمراہ مواد کی فراہمی کی رفتار30 گُنا بڑھادیPosted 2 days ago
- پھولو ایک پاکسنانی کسان جس کے لاکھوں پرستار ہے نے ابھی سنیک ویڈیو جائن کیاPosted 3 days ago
- Phoollu, Pakistani farmer with millions of fans, just joined SnackVideoPosted 3 days ago
KU students get POSCO Asia Fellowship
Karachi: POSCO Asia Fellowship was awarded to meritorious students of the University of Karachi, in a special award ceremony organized by the POSCO TJ Park Foundation and the University of Karachi here Friday. A MoU was also signed between POSCO TJ Park Foundation and the University of Karachi.
POSCO TJ Park Foundation established nonprofit organization for the purpose of the company’s social contributions. It is networking with 300 students from 19 universities in 10 Asian countries such as China, Vietnam, India, Mongolia and Thailand.
For the first time this year, 10 undergraduate students from the University of Karachi received scholarship certificates under the name of ‘POSCO Asia Fellowship’ (USD 500 per person).
Lee, Woo-In, the executive vice president of the POSCO TJ Park Foundation, expressed his pleasure while awarding the POSCO Asia Fellowship at the University of Karachi.
On this occasion, In-ki Lee, Consul General of the Republic of Korea in Karachi, appreciated the efforts of outstanding students and said, “Pakistan is a country with a population of around 180 million, rich with natural resources and loaded with dexterous manpower; enough recipe for a nation to make it to the top.” He further said that Pakistan and South Korea have a lot in common, be it socio politics or cultural aspects. The two countries have a long history and rich cultural legacy, a treasure of knowledge, experience and acumen acquired over millennia. Today Pakistan and Korea enjoy a much deeply enrooted friendly and mutually co-operative relations since more than six decade.
Zaigham Adil Rizvi, Director (Projects), Tuwairqi Steel Mills Limited congratulated the students, lauded the initiative of POSCO TJ Park Foundation and appreciated the role of In-ki LEE, Consul General of the Republic of Korea in Karachi.
Prof. Dr. Muhammad Qaiser, Vice-Chancellor, University of Karachi also congratulated the outstanding students.