- Rhotex Inc Launches Environmentally-Sound Options to Crypto MiningPosted 7 hours ago
- Virgin Hyperloop Unveils Passenger Experience VisionPosted 11 hours ago
- ٹاپ پاکستانی سٹار جنت مرزا سنیک ویڈیو پر مقبولیت حاصل کر رہی ہےPosted 15 hours ago
- Top Pakistan Star Jannat Mirza is Amassing Growing Popularity on SnackVideoPosted 15 hours ago
- LeddarTech Announces Significant Growth in Customer Engagements, Partnerships, and Investment in 2020Posted 19 hours ago
- Top Pakistan Star Jannat Mirza is Amassing Growing Popularity on SnackVideoPosted 19 hours ago
- ٹاپ پاکستانی سٹار جنت مرزا سنیک ویڈیو پر مقبولیت حاصل کر رہی ہےPosted 19 hours ago
- Telefónica Germany selects Opanga Networks Inc for RAN OptimizationPosted 20 hours ago
- سعودی ائرلائن (سعودیہ) کوفلائٹ ہیلتھ سیفٹی کے لیے ہیرا اسٹیٹس ملا ہےPosted 21 hours ago
- Nyxoah announces full-body 1.5T and 3T MRI compatibility for the Genio® system to treat Obstructive Sleep Apnea (OSA)Posted 2 days ago
KP annual budget rises from 28 to 97 billion, Humayun
Peshawar: The Khyber Pakhtunkhwa Minister for Finance, Engr. Muhammad Humayun Khan has said that as a result of keen interest of President Asif Ali Zardari, as well as, federal government for payment of net hydel profit and increasing the share of provinces in the divisible pool, the volume of KP budget during 200809 has been increased from Rs. 28 billion to Rs. 97 billion during the year 201213.
This he revealed in an exclusive interview with PTV at his residence in Jolagram, District Malakand, and the other day.
He said the present elected government despite numerous difficulties particularly the law and order situation, due to severe wave of terrorism in the country, have taken certain basic and important decisions, which he added, will have positive and far reaching effects on the society.
He, in this respect, specially referred to the NFC Award, payment of net hydel profit, renaming the province as Khyber Pakhtunkhwa, passage of 18th Constitutional Amendment and reconciliatory policy of PPP with all political forces.
Humayun Khan said during the last five years, more than Rs. 8 billion has been spent on various developmental schemes in PK 99. It include mega projects like reconstruction of building DHQ Hospital Batkhela at a cost of Rs. 560 million, gravity base WSS Batkhela with Rs. 630 million, construction of Batkhela – Badwan bridge with Rs. 520 million, blacktopping of Batkhela – Totakan Road with Rs. 990 million and protection spurs with total cost of Rs. 240 million in Allah Dhand Khwar and on the bank of Swat River from Batkhela to Totakan, Hisar Baba, establishment of four new degree colleges and construction of Hanif Khan Memorial Sports Complex and Hanif Khan Memorial Community Hall in Thana and Batkhela, respectively.
He said automatic electric water coolers have been provided to almost all educational institutions, mosques, madaris and public places in PK 99 to accommodate the people at large particularly the poor masses with cool water facilities during summer season irrespective of the political affiliation, the minister concluded.