- چین کا ہینان فری ٹریڈ پورٹ21واں جشن منعقد کررہاہےPosted 2 days ago
- چین-آسیان ٹیکنالوجی ٹرانسفر اور جدت طرازی تعاون پر آٹھویں فورم کا ناننگ میں آغاز ہوگیاPosted 2 days ago
- ہینان فری تجارتی بندرگاہ پر پہلا انٹرنیشنل ٹورزم ایکیوپمنٹ ایکسپو کا انعقادPosted 2 days ago
- The 8th Forum on China-ASEAN Technology Transfer and Collaborative Innovation Unveiled in NanningPosted 2 days ago
- The First Hainan International Tourism Equipment Expo Held at the Hainan Free Trade PortPosted 3 days ago
- China’s Hainan Free Trade Port Holds the 21st CarnivalPosted 3 days ago
- The MILLA Group Selects the Leddar Pixell From LeddarTech for the MILLA POD Autonomous ShuttlePosted 4 days ago
- 10kW+ Laser Cutting Machine Made a Sales Record of 260 Sets, Bodor Laser Constantly Surprises the MarketPosted 5 days ago
- ننشا میں منعقدہ آئی ایف ایف میں سسٹین ایبل اکنامک ڈیویلپمنٹ ایک گرما گرم موضوع بنا ہوا ہےPosted 6 days ago
- SNOMED CT supports New Zealand’s Canterbury District Health Board realize vision of a data driven, connected and integrated health systemPosted 6 days ago
JI demands date for LB elections
LAHORE: Secretary General, Jamaat-e-Islami, Liaqat Baloch, has called upon the provincial governments to announce the date of the local bodies elections without any delay.
Addressing a meeting of the JI central standing committee on political affairs at Mansoora, he said it was a paradox that the so called champions of democracy did not hold the local bodies elections during the last five years and the present governments were also toeing the same line.
JI Naib Ameer, and Senior Minster in Khyber P, Sirajul Haq, Dr. Farid Ahmed Piracha, Prof. Muhammad Ibrahim, Dr Syed Waseem Akhtar and Mian Muhammad Aslam, attended the meeting. Liaqat Baloch said, the APC hosted by the Prime Minister had impressed upon the government to hold talks with the militants without delay. He said it was quite evident that Washington would sabotage the talks, but the government, the armed forces and the intelligence agencies should adopt the correct line of action keeping in view the national interest and the national consensus.
He said the entire nation was grieved over the martyrdom of senior army officers in Dir as this was a great national loss. However, he said, it was time to get rid of the US slavery by evolving national consensus against outside intervention including drone attacks. He urged the rulers not to yield to US and Indian pressure.
The JI Secretary General said the incidents of criminal assault on minor girls were a slur on the face of the nation. He said such incidents should be an eye opener for the rulers, the policy makers and the intelligentsia propagating for free society and mixing of the both sexes.