- Rhotex Inc Launches Environmentally-Sound Options to Crypto MiningPosted 8 hours ago
- Virgin Hyperloop Unveils Passenger Experience VisionPosted 12 hours ago
- ٹاپ پاکستانی سٹار جنت مرزا سنیک ویڈیو پر مقبولیت حاصل کر رہی ہےPosted 16 hours ago
- Top Pakistan Star Jannat Mirza is Amassing Growing Popularity on SnackVideoPosted 16 hours ago
- LeddarTech Announces Significant Growth in Customer Engagements, Partnerships, and Investment in 2020Posted 20 hours ago
- Top Pakistan Star Jannat Mirza is Amassing Growing Popularity on SnackVideoPosted 21 hours ago
- ٹاپ پاکستانی سٹار جنت مرزا سنیک ویڈیو پر مقبولیت حاصل کر رہی ہےPosted 21 hours ago
- Telefónica Germany selects Opanga Networks Inc for RAN OptimizationPosted 21 hours ago
- سعودی ائرلائن (سعودیہ) کوفلائٹ ہیلتھ سیفٹی کے لیے ہیرا اسٹیٹس ملا ہےPosted 22 hours ago
- Nyxoah announces full-body 1.5T and 3T MRI compatibility for the Genio® system to treat Obstructive Sleep Apnea (OSA)Posted 2 days ago
JI condemns giving up Pak-Iran gas pipe line project
Lahore: Ameer, Jamaat e Islami, Pakistan, Syed Munawar Hasan, has strongly condemned the abandonment of the Pak Iran gas project under the US pressure and said it was tantamount to surrendering the country’ s sovereignty and progress to please Washington.
In a statement here on Tuesday, he said the rulers in Islamabad were least bothered about the problems faced by the nation because of an acute energy crisis, and were prepared to do anything on US dictation.
He said President Zardari’s dash to London to attend the Malala Conference instead of visiting Tehran to give a final shape to the Pak Iran pipe line project proved that the national interest was not the priority of the rulers.
Syed Munawar Hasan said that brotherly Muslim country Iran had laid the gas pipe line up to the Pakistan border and had also offered 500 million dollars help for completion of the project. He said, Iran desired quick completion of the project to end the energy crisis in this country and to enable us march on the path of progress and prosperity. However, the cowardly rulers in Islamabad had given up the project only to avoid US displeasure, and they were least concerned about the energy crisis which had caused closure of thousands of industrial units and worst gas and electricity load shedding.
The JI Ameer criticized the statement of the US envoy in the country that Washington had reservations on the Pak Iran gas pipe line project. This was a blatant interference in the country’s internal affairs. At the same time, he said, the US envoy had claimed that Washington was deeply concerned about the energy crisis in Pakistan and desired to meet the energy need of this country. This statement of the US envoy was ridiculous. As a matter of fact, he said, the US was responsible for all the ill in this country, as it had thrust an undeclared war on this country and grabbed its independence and sovereignty.
The JI Ameer demanded an explanation from the Foreign Ministry as to why the US was interfering in our internal affairs. He said the US did not want Pakistan to stand on its feet. In the past, he said, US had obstructed the Pak Iran electricity pact although Iran had laid the electricity transmission line up to the Pakistan border and had offered to lay the transmission line in this country as well on subsequent payment. However, the rulers in Islamabad missed the opportunity under US pressure.