- Rhotex Inc Launches Environmentally-Sound Options to Crypto MiningPosted 7 hours ago
- Virgin Hyperloop Unveils Passenger Experience VisionPosted 11 hours ago
- ٹاپ پاکستانی سٹار جنت مرزا سنیک ویڈیو پر مقبولیت حاصل کر رہی ہےPosted 15 hours ago
- Top Pakistan Star Jannat Mirza is Amassing Growing Popularity on SnackVideoPosted 15 hours ago
- LeddarTech Announces Significant Growth in Customer Engagements, Partnerships, and Investment in 2020Posted 19 hours ago
- Top Pakistan Star Jannat Mirza is Amassing Growing Popularity on SnackVideoPosted 20 hours ago
- ٹاپ پاکستانی سٹار جنت مرزا سنیک ویڈیو پر مقبولیت حاصل کر رہی ہےPosted 20 hours ago
- Telefónica Germany selects Opanga Networks Inc for RAN OptimizationPosted 20 hours ago
- سعودی ائرلائن (سعودیہ) کوفلائٹ ہیلتھ سیفٹی کے لیے ہیرا اسٹیٹس ملا ہےPosted 21 hours ago
- Nyxoah announces full-body 1.5T and 3T MRI compatibility for the Genio® system to treat Obstructive Sleep Apnea (OSA)Posted 2 days ago
James Bond Skyfall Opening Week Gives Boost to Online Casinos
DUNDALK, IRELAND–(Marketwire – November 7, 2012) – The opening week of the latest James Bond flick Skyfall has seen an increase in online casino play. It seems that some people, who did not have an Aston Martin at their disposal, emulated their hero by playing in an online casino after they watched the movie.
The suave special agent is known for his lavish lifestyle and frequent trips to exotic casinos throughout the globe. The massive hype surrounding a new Bond release may have had knock on benefits for industries that the super spy is associated with.
Anthony Conroy, Casino and Games Manager at Boylecasino.com said, “Although we have no scientific evidence that a new James Bond movie causes a spike in casino play, anecdotally we did see an uplift during the opening week of Skyfall.”
An important scene in the latest Bond movie is set in a Macau casino. This may have copper-fastened the connection between Bond and casinos in the minds of viewers. As a result, they decided to either reactivate an existing online casino account, or start playing online for the first time.
A typical bond fan is likely to play in casinos; many of them hold online accounts and enjoy the atmosphere of recreational play.
Like bar staff observing an increase in orders for Vodka Martinis “shaken not stirred” and Aston Martin dealerships seeing an increase in footfall, online casinos could well have experienced the Bond effect during the opening week of Skyfall.
Boylecasino.com has been in operation since 2006. It features over 250 top table and slot games and is the online casino division of Boylesports the largest independent bookmaker in Ireland. The company does not accept players from the U.S.
Gaming SEM Manager
00 353 42 939 3251