- Low Carbon on Cement Possible with CCSPosted 9 hours ago
- Biotalys Submits First Protein-Based Biocontrol Registration Package to the EPAPosted 13 hours ago
- نینو،30 ټائمز په ذریعہ زیفیرټیل د حل په ذریعہ د مواد فراہمی ګړندې کوې۔Posted 16 hours ago
- جیمن کئیر نے anti-SARS-CoV-2 کو بے اثر کرنے والی اینٹی باڈی JMB2002 کے طبی تجربے کے پہلے مرحلے کا آغاز کردیاPosted 20 hours ago
- NANO Accelerates Content Delivery by Thirty Times with Solutions from ZephyrTelPosted 21 hours ago
- نانو نے زیفیرٹیل کے حل کے ہمراہ مواد کی فراہمی کی رفتار30 گُنا بڑھادیPosted 21 hours ago
- پھولو ایک پاکسنانی کسان جس کے لاکھوں پرستار ہے نے ابھی سنیک ویڈیو جائن کیاPosted 22 hours ago
- Phoollu, Pakistani farmer with millions of fans, just joined SnackVideoPosted 22 hours ago
- PMTA VERIFIED RELEASES UNVERIFIED BRANDS LISTPosted 1 day ago
- Jemincare initiates phase I clinical trial of anti-SARS-CoV-2 neutralizing antibody JMB2002Posted 1 day ago
IT Transparency to be ensured at every cost: Prime Minister
Islamabad: Prime Minister Raja Pervez Ashraf has constituted a five-member Oversight Committee which will monitor the 3G Auction. The Committee will comprise of representatives of media, civil society, National Accountability Bureau, technical expert and an economist.
This was decided at a meeting of 3G Auction Supervisory Committee chaired by Raja Pervez Ashraf held at the Prime Minister’s on Monday.
The Prime Minister said that the government’s aim is to introduce the latest technology in the country. The 3G Auction is being planned in a manner that will ensure a healthy competition while adding revenue to the government exchequer.
The Prime Minister said the people of repute, standing and impeccable integrity will be associated with the Oversight Committee to ensure transparency and due process at every cost. “I stand guarantee as Prime Minister that not a penny will be embezzled,” he affirmed.
He said that 3G is a valuable asset which will boost our economy, encourage foreign investment and promote economic activity in the country.
A presentation was made by International Consultants, Dr. Rob Nicholis, Spectrum Valuation Expert, Mr. Dennis Ward, Auction Design Expert, Mr. Marton Semis, Auction Software Expert, through video conferencing from Canada, Australia and England.
This was the first time that video conferencing facility was utilized during a meeting at Prime Minister’s House. It is expected that 20,000 direct and indirect jobs will be created with the introduction of 3G in the Telecom sector.
The meeting was also attended by Dr. Abdul Hafeez Sheikh, Minister for Finance, Chaudhry Ahmed Mukhtar, Minister for Water & Power, Mr. Nadeem ul Haq, Deputy Chairman, Planning Commission and senior officials of the government.