- Rhotex Inc Launches Environmentally-Sound Options to Crypto MiningPosted 8 hours ago
- Virgin Hyperloop Unveils Passenger Experience VisionPosted 12 hours ago
- ٹاپ پاکستانی سٹار جنت مرزا سنیک ویڈیو پر مقبولیت حاصل کر رہی ہےPosted 16 hours ago
- Top Pakistan Star Jannat Mirza is Amassing Growing Popularity on SnackVideoPosted 16 hours ago
- LeddarTech Announces Significant Growth in Customer Engagements, Partnerships, and Investment in 2020Posted 20 hours ago
- Top Pakistan Star Jannat Mirza is Amassing Growing Popularity on SnackVideoPosted 21 hours ago
- ٹاپ پاکستانی سٹار جنت مرزا سنیک ویڈیو پر مقبولیت حاصل کر رہی ہےPosted 21 hours ago
- Telefónica Germany selects Opanga Networks Inc for RAN OptimizationPosted 21 hours ago
- سعودی ائرلائن (سعودیہ) کوفلائٹ ہیلتھ سیفٹی کے لیے ہیرا اسٹیٹس ملا ہےPosted 22 hours ago
- Nyxoah announces full-body 1.5T and 3T MRI compatibility for the Genio® system to treat Obstructive Sleep Apnea (OSA)Posted 2 days ago
IT Etisalat Group CEO calls on Prime Minister
Islamabad: Prime Minister Raja Pervez Ashraf has said that Pakistan and United Arab Emirates UAE enjoy excellent brotherly relations which have been further strengthened by economic cooperation.
Prime Minister expressed these views this morning while talking to Etisalat delegation led by Mr. Abdul Karim Ahmad Julfar, Group Chief Executive Officer, at the Prime Minister on Wednesday.
The Prime Minister said that the auction of 3G Spectrum technology would increase the broadband connectivity in the country.
While encouraging Etisalat representatives to participate in the bidding process, the Prime Minister said, “We are very keen to see Etisalat participating in the auction of 3G License Spectrum.”
The Prime Minister pointed out that the government had recently formed an oversight committee comprising people with impeccable integrity and repute to ensure transparency and fairness in the auction process.
Etisalat Chief Executive Officer, Mr Abdul Karim Ahmad Julfar, said that Etisalat was a leading telecom operator globally and had a potential to invest considerably in the Telecom sector of Pakistan. He further said that he saw Pakistan as a huge market.
Etisalat, the CEO said, would like to improve the quality of broadband in Pakistan and informed the Prime Minister that his company intends to enhance its operations in the country.
The Prime Minister pointed out that there were some pending issues regarding sale of PTCL to Etisalat.
He suggested that Etisalat nominate a team which should sit with the representatives of the government of Pakistan to resolve issues within a specified time frame so that we can move forward.
The Prime Minister assured the Chief Executive Officer of Etisalat that government of Pakistan as part of its policy to encourage foreign investment shall extend all possible assistance to Etisalat.
The CEO of Etisalat said that the expansion of broadband was a key to development in the country and his company would be ready to invest in the telecom sector so that Pakistan could benefit in the process.
Those who attended the meeting included Mr. Qamar Zaman Kaira, Minister for Information and Broadcasting, Mr Salim Mandviwala, MoS & Chairman Board of Investment and other senior officials of the government.