- Nyxoah announces full-body 1.5T and 3T MRI compatibility for the Genio® system to treat Obstructive Sleep Apnea (OSA)Posted 18 hours ago
- JETEX EXPANDS ITS PRESENCE IN DUBAIPosted 2 days ago
- InvestorBrandNetwork (IBN) Recaps 2020 Milestones, Outlines 2021 InitiativesPosted 4 days ago
- JinkoSolar Supplied 17.5MW High-efficiency Modules to Fauji Solar Power Plant in PakistanPosted 5 days ago
- Low Carbon on Cement Possible with CCSPosted 5 days ago
- Biotalys Submits First Protein-Based Biocontrol Registration Package to the EPAPosted 5 days ago
- نینو،30 ټائمز په ذریعہ زیفیرټیل د حل په ذریعہ د مواد فراہمی ګړندې کوې۔Posted 6 days ago
- جیمن کئیر نے anti-SARS-CoV-2 کو بے اثر کرنے والی اینٹی باڈی JMB2002 کے طبی تجربے کے پہلے مرحلے کا آغاز کردیاPosted 6 days ago
- NANO Accelerates Content Delivery by Thirty Times with Solutions from ZephyrTelPosted 6 days ago
- نانو نے زیفیرٹیل کے حل کے ہمراہ مواد کی فراہمی کی رفتار30 گُنا بڑھادیPosted 6 days ago
Is US $200 per Tonne Iron Ore Price Possible? — City Index UK
LONDON–(Marketwire - January 11, 2013) – City Index UK — Yes. Anyone outside of the Australian investment scene can be excused for their lack of interest in the price of iron ore. With that in mind, please read on. In Australia, the iron ore price is a measure of national health. The nation’s richest person Gina Rinehart derives the majority of her wealth from iron ore assets. Rinehart is also the richest woman in the world. Australia’s Pilbara region is home to one of the most attractive geographies known to iron ore miners — not only are there huge deposits of high grade ore but suitable infrastructure and proximity to Asia ensures the commodity can be easily commercialised. Iron ore is used in the manufacturing of steel and the world’s largest steel factory — China — continues to produce near record high levels.
Read full article: Is US $200 per tonne iron ore price possible?
So what’s the fuss about? Iron ore is just one single commodity but it has statistical significance to the Australian stock market. BHP Biliton for example is the largest single exposure on the Australian ASX200 index and by a large factor. It generates around half of its earnings from its iron ore businesses. Rio Tinto — another key index constituent — generates more than three-quarters of its earnings from iron ore. Fortescue Metals — with a market capitalisation of around US$15.5bn at the time of writing — is a pure play iron ore producer who has returned an average total shareholder return, annualised at 92.5% over the past ten years to shareholders.
About City Index:
City Index is one of the world leaders in spread betting and CFD trading. Established in the UK in 1983 we have grown to become leading providers of contracts for difference, FX and spread betting over the past 29 years.
Spread betting is a leveraged product, meaning that you can take a position by initially depositing just a small percentage of the full value of your trade — typically between 1% and 10% of the total trade value.
Your losses are magnified in exactly the same way as your gains if the market moves against you and can result in losses exceeding your initial outlay. Please ensure you fully understand the risks involved.