- Despite Brexit Uncertainty, Business Schools in UK Continue to See Strong International DemandPosted 12 hours ago
- Validated with Microsoft Skype for Business, Patton Delivers Cloud-Powered IntegrationPosted 18 hours ago
- وزيرة النقل بالولايات المتحدة، إلين تشاو، تعلن عن مجلس جديد لدعم تسويق “الهايبرلوب”.Posted 6 days ago
- U.S. Secretary of Transportation Elaine Chao Announces New Council to Support Hyperloop CommercializationPosted 7 days ago
- پانی کی ری سائکلنگ اورمینجمنٹ کے لئے قانون سازی کا مطالبہPosted 1 week ago
- Call for Legislative Action for Water Recycling and ManagementPosted 1 week ago
- ترکی میں کرپٹوکرنسی کے ذریعے جائیداد خریدنا اب ممکن انطالیہ ہومز کے ساتھPosted 2 weeks ago
- YPO Names Elizabeth Zucker 2019-2020 ChairmanPosted 2 weeks ago
- The Graduate Management Admission Council Welcomes BI Norwegian Business School Into GMAC MembershipPosted 2 weeks ago
- FXCM Arabic Celebrates 20 Years of Trading With 31% off Gold Spreads for a Limited Time*Posted 3 weeks ago
International Security and Defense Exhibition opens in Baghdad
Baghdad The 8th edition of the International Security and Defense Exhibition kicked off in the Iraqi capital Baghdad on Saturday with the participation of 120 companies as well as many political, military and economic figures from 20 countries.
The Ministry of Commerce said in a statement that the exhibition, which is being held for the eighth year in a row, was attended by 120 Arab and international companies representing various military industrial sectors.
The opening ceremony of the four-day exhibition was attended by Iraqi military commanders, and sponsored by Iraqi Army Chief of Staff Othman al-Ghanimi.
In the speech he delivered on behalf of Prime Minister Adil Abdul-Mahdi, General al-Ghanimi said this exhibition was a confirmation of Iraq's endeavor to open its doors to the international companies to invest in the reconstruction of Iraq and development of its defense capabilities.
He added that the exhibition aims to upgrade the military establishment and to highlight what is going on in the world in the field of military industries.
For his part, Iraqi Minister of Trade Mohammad Al-Ani affirmed that Iraq has become an economic player with the ability and promising economy open to all. He also stressed the country's pursuit to diversify its weapons sources, become acquainted with new techniques of warfare and develop an effective strategy to build the military establishment as per new concepts.
He pointed out that the participating countries and companies displayed the latest defense systems and military equipment, in addition to advanced logistics support systems and military technology.
Source: International Islamic News Agency