- تحقيق الرقم القياسي لأطول طيران بالمظلة تحت هيكل ثابتPosted 18 hours ago
- Dubai Airports partners with XDubai for one-of-a-kind stunt embodying Dubai’s ambitious spiritPosted 19 hours ago
- Heriot Watt Dubai gain Accreditation by the International Coach Federation (ICF)!Posted 21 hours ago
- FXCM Arabic Wants to Meet You in DubaiPosted 6 days ago
- يريد القسم العربي في FXCM مقابلتكPosted 6 days ago
- ٹیکساس چکن ® کی ملٹی یونٹ ڈویلپمنٹ ڈیل کے ساتھ پاکستان تک وسعتPosted 7 days ago
- ZEE5 نے بلاک بسٹر سے بھرپور فروری کے پروگراموں پر سے اٹھایا پردہ؛ اپنے بین الاقوامی ناظرین کےلئے ستاروں سے سجی اورجینلس پروگراموں کا کیا اعلانPosted 1 week ago
- Endgame Chief Scientist Hyrum Anderson Keynotes Cyber Defense Summit and Busts the Myths of AI in Cyber SecurityPosted 1 week ago
- Texas Chicken® Expands into Pakistan with Multi-Unit Development DealPosted 1 week ago
Huawei and Gemalto team up to accelerate NarrowBand IoT deployments
Gemalto and Huawei create a cost-effective solution for mass market IoT
Amsterdam, 14 November, 2017 – To help device manufacturers meet a growing demand for long-lasting low-power NarrowBand (NB) IoT modules, Gemalto and Huawei – via its semiconductor arm, HiSilicon – are working together to develop the next generation of modules that combine an extra level of security and consume very low power. By combining the expertise from both companies, these NB-IoT modules will help manufacturers reduce the cost and size of their devices, and lengthen the battery life of the devices to up to ten years.
NB IoT has been developed to address lower bit rates and lower cost segments, and works virtually anywhere. It offers ultra-low power consumption enabling devices to be battery operated for periods of up to 10 years. Applications include smart parking sensors, intruder and fire alarms, personal healthcare appliances, tracking devices, and street lamps to name a few. According to ABI Research, NB IoT modules connecting objects to networks are forecast to represent over 20% of all cellular shipments by 2021.
“2017 is the year of commercial NB IoT rollouts for us, and we will be building 30 such networks in 20 countries worldwide by the end of the year. Huawei has been a major player in this arena, and we continue to capitalize on this vast opportunity,” said XiongWei, president of LTE solution, Huawei. “We look to supply the market with solutions that provide stable connectivity, low energy consumption, and cost efficiency. The network roll-out will now come with an enhanced integration and flexibility thanks to this collaboration with Gemalto.”
“The combination of our expertise in IOT cellular connectivity, and digital security, and Huawei’s high-performance NB IoT chipsets will help device manufacturers and service providers take the plunge into cellular IoT mass deployment thanks to a standardized solution,” said Suzanne Tong-Li, SVP Greater China and Korea for Mobile Services and IoT and China President, Gemalto. “Our collaboration simplifies the implementation of NB IoT projects combining solid security and flexibility.”
Gemalto (Euronext NL0000400653 GTO) is the global leader in digital security, with 2016 annual revenues of €3.1 billion and customers in over 180 countries. We bring trust to an increasingly connected world.
From secure software to biometrics and encryption, our technologies and services enable businesses and governments to authenticate identities and protect data so they stay safe and enable services in personal devices, connected objects, the cloud and in between.
Gemalto’s solutions are at the heart of modern life, from payment to enterprise security and the internet of things. We authenticate people, transactions and objects, encrypt data and create value for software – enabling our clients to deliver secure digital services for billions of individuals and things.
Our 15,000+ employees operate out of 112 offices, 43 personalization and data centers, and 30 research and software development centers located in 48 countries.
Gemalto media contacts:
+1 512 257 3869
Europe Middle East & Africa
+33 1 55 01 57 89
+65 6317 8266