- Nyxoah announces full-body 1.5T and 3T MRI compatibility for the Genio® system to treat Obstructive Sleep Apnea (OSA)Posted 11 hours ago
- JETEX EXPANDS ITS PRESENCE IN DUBAIPosted 1 day ago
- InvestorBrandNetwork (IBN) Recaps 2020 Milestones, Outlines 2021 InitiativesPosted 4 days ago
- JinkoSolar Supplied 17.5MW High-efficiency Modules to Fauji Solar Power Plant in PakistanPosted 4 days ago
- Low Carbon on Cement Possible with CCSPosted 5 days ago
- Biotalys Submits First Protein-Based Biocontrol Registration Package to the EPAPosted 5 days ago
- نینو،30 ټائمز په ذریعہ زیفیرټیل د حل په ذریعہ د مواد فراہمی ګړندې کوې۔Posted 5 days ago
- جیمن کئیر نے anti-SARS-CoV-2 کو بے اثر کرنے والی اینٹی باڈی JMB2002 کے طبی تجربے کے پہلے مرحلے کا آغاز کردیاPosted 5 days ago
- NANO Accelerates Content Delivery by Thirty Times with Solutions from ZephyrTelPosted 6 days ago
- نانو نے زیفیرٹیل کے حل کے ہمراہ مواد کی فراہمی کی رفتار30 گُنا بڑھادیPosted 6 days ago
HRs SPECIAL DESK IN THE HRs MINISTRY FOR THE DISABLED NOTIFIED
Islamabad: A delegation of Special Talent Exchange Programme led by the President STEP Mr. Muhammad Atif Sheikh met with Mr. Mustafa Nawaz Khokhar, Advisor to the Prime Minister on Human Rights and informed him about the difficulties faced by the disabled persons in daily life.
Responding to the problems faced by the disabled persons the Advisor directed the Ministry of Human Rights to establish a special desk in the Ministry for the disabled.
This desk will be given the task of monitoring, legislating and facilitating the matters regarding welfare of the disabled community. The establishment of the desk is being notified.
The Advisor proposed that an autonomous commission for disabled persons should be in place to cater for the issues of the disabled community in an effective and efficient way, for which the Advisor requested the President STEP to submit a draft bill to the Ministry of Human Rights as soon as possible.
Responding to the request of the delegation, the Advisor also assured that the Ministry of Human Rights will support the compilation of the report on Convention on the Rights of People with Disability CRPD. Pakistan signed this convention in 2011 and the report is due in June 2013.
The delegation also apprised the Advisor about the lengthy procedure for registration with NADRA and acquiring disability certificate. The Advisor said that in order to make the registration procedure of disabled persons simple and quick, the matter will be taken up with Chairman NADRA and the concerned authorities.
The Advisor to the Prime Minister on Human Rights Mr. Mustafa Nawaz Khokhar reiterated that the disabled persons whether they are male, female or children are important individuals of our society and we must make sincere efforts for improving their lives.
In order to create awareness among the parliamentarians about the issues of the disabled persons, the Advisor directed to write a letter to the Speaker National Assembly to hold a seminar on the disabled persons in the Parliament House.
In order to pave the way of dispensing all the granted rights to disabled persons, the Advisor also directed to write letters to all the Ministries and the Establishment Division to provide data regarding facilities and benefits dispensed to the disabled persons.