- گرم خشک سیوئیاں،ییلو کرین ٹاور اور روشن ممکنات :ووہان عالمی زائرین اور سرمایہ کاروں کو دعوت دے رہاہےPosted 10 hours ago
- PRA Health Sciences selected by Maryland State Medical Society to supply remote patient monitoring and telehealth servicesPosted 14 hours ago
- Hot dry noodles, Yellow Crane Tower and bright prospects: Wuhan extends invitation to global visitors, investorsPosted 1 day ago
- Global Employee Relocations Served by WHR’s International OfficesPosted 1 day ago
- Nikkiso Cryo Inc. New Facility Increases Cryogenic Pump ProductionPosted 1 day ago
- Tim Born becomes Vice President, Oceania and South East Asia for Nikkiso Clean Energy & Industrial Gases GroupPosted 1 day ago
- Industry Leading SAFR Facial Recognition for Live Video Integrated with Geutebrück VMSPosted 2 days ago
- Nyxoah Reports Full Year 2020 ResultsPosted 6 days ago
- PRA’s remote patient monitoring platform selected by Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany to work in combination with its human growth hormone treatment systemPosted 7 days ago
- سی آئی ایف ایف ګوانگزو 4000 کوالټی برانډز سره 357،809 زائرینو له یو ځائ کويPosted 1 week ago
HEC Chairman ‘Exposes’ the Govt After Getting Fired
The former chairman of the Higher Education Commission (HEC), Dr. Tariq Banuri, has hit back at the government with a series of allegations following his ejection from the post.
Dr. Banuri was unceremoniously sacked last week for alleged irregularities in the hiring of 15 consultants for the Higher Education Development in Pakistan (HEDP).
While addressing a press conference in Islamabad, he said that the government had gone beyond the rules to oust him, and added,
The bill was passed last week so that the government could sack me. The government does not want any officer to work independently.
The former chairman declared that the government’s actions will enable corrupt people to make money. He also claimed that the HEC had introduced an act to protect tenures and that the government had abruptly repealed the law.
No institution can function like this, it is a case of human rights and legal rights.
Dr. Banuri has asked Prime Minister Imran Khan to reconsider the issue.
In other news, the renowned nuclear physicist, Dr. Pervez Hoodbhoy has leveled serious allegations against the HEC’s first-ever chairman, Dr. Atta-ur-Rehman, claiming that he had filled his pockets during his tenure while granting useless scholarships to people. He added that the former chairman had claimed to have built seven high-quality universities in the country but had not delivered a single one.
Dr. Hoodbhoy also said that Dr. Atta-ur-Rehman is a very corrupt and devilish person who has managed to get close to Prime Minister Imran Khan with flattery.
These allegations came amid rumors that Dr. Atta-ur-Rehman is one of the leading candidates for the vacant post of the chairman of the HEC.
Source: Pro Pakistani