- وزيرة النقل بالولايات المتحدة، إلين تشاو، تعلن عن مجلس جديد لدعم تسويق “الهايبرلوب”.Posted 5 days ago
- U.S. Secretary of Transportation Elaine Chao Announces New Council to Support Hyperloop CommercializationPosted 6 days ago
- پانی کی ری سائکلنگ اورمینجمنٹ کے لئے قانون سازی کا مطالبہPosted 6 days ago
- Call for Legislative Action for Water Recycling and ManagementPosted 6 days ago
- ترکی میں کرپٹوکرنسی کے ذریعے جائیداد خریدنا اب ممکن انطالیہ ہومز کے ساتھPosted 2 weeks ago
- YPO Names Elizabeth Zucker 2019-2020 ChairmanPosted 2 weeks ago
- The Graduate Management Admission Council Welcomes BI Norwegian Business School Into GMAC MembershipPosted 2 weeks ago
- FXCM Arabic Celebrates 20 Years of Trading With 31% off Gold Spreads for a Limited Time*Posted 3 weeks ago
- القسم العربي في FXCM يحتفل بمرور 20 عام على تأسيس الشركة من خلال منح تخفيضات بنسبة 31 ٪ على سبريد الذهب لفترة محدودة*Posted 3 weeks ago
- ELS Educational Services, Inc. entered into an agreement with National Geographic Learning to develop custom-published ESL textbooks.Posted 3 weeks ago
Guatemala to move its embassy to Jerusalem in May
Occupied Jerusalem Guatemala will move its embassy in Israel to Jerusalem in two months, just two days after the United States plans to relocate its embassy to the city.
Guatemalan President Jimmy Morales made the announcement on Sunday at the American Israel Public Affairs Committee's (AIPAC) annual policy conference in Washington.
A Guatemalan government spokesman said on Saturday that the Constitutional Court rejected an appeal by a lawyer to prevent the government from moving Guatemalan embassy in Israel from Tel Aviv to Jerusalem, as the United States intends to do.
The government spokesman said the five judges of Guatemala's Constitutional Court rejected an appeal lodged by Marco Venecio Mejia in January, considering the transfer of the embassy as a violation of the principles and provisions of international law with regard to the peace process between the Israelis and Palestinians.
Guatemala is the second country to announce it would move its embassy from Tel Aviv to Jerusalem since US President Donald Trump decided in December to recognize Jerusalem as Israel's capital and move embassy to Jerusalem. The Trump's unilateral decision sparked worldwide outrage, particularly from Palestinians and Muslim countries.
Guatemala moved its embassy to Tel Aviv after the UN Security Council in 1980 called on the Central American nation and other countries with their embassies in Jerusalem to withdraw. That came after the Israeli Knesset passed a law stating that Jerusalem is the capital of Israel.
Source: International Islamic News Agency