- ورلڈفری زون آرگنائزیشن جیانگ ڈونگ نیو ایریا، ہائیکو میں ایشیا-پیسفک صدر دفاتر قائم کرے گاPosted 5 days ago
- The World Free Zone Organization to Set up Asia-Pacific Headquarters in Jiangdong New Area, HaikouPosted 5 days ago
- Despite Brexit Uncertainty, Business Schools in UK Continue to See Strong International DemandPosted 1 week ago
- Validated with Microsoft Skype for Business, Patton Delivers Cloud-Powered IntegrationPosted 1 week ago
- وزيرة النقل بالولايات المتحدة، إلين تشاو، تعلن عن مجلس جديد لدعم تسويق “الهايبرلوب”.Posted 2 weeks ago
- U.S. Secretary of Transportation Elaine Chao Announces New Council to Support Hyperloop CommercializationPosted 2 weeks ago
- پانی کی ری سائکلنگ اورمینجمنٹ کے لئے قانون سازی کا مطالبہPosted 2 weeks ago
- Call for Legislative Action for Water Recycling and ManagementPosted 2 weeks ago
- ترکی میں کرپٹوکرنسی کے ذریعے جائیداد خریدنا اب ممکن انطالیہ ہومز کے ساتھPosted 3 weeks ago
- YPO Names Elizabeth Zucker 2019-2020 ChairmanPosted 3 weeks ago
Govt in Talks With International Experts to Develop the New Islamabad Master Plan
Currently, there is an ongoing tug of war between the government and the bureaucracy regarding who should get the reins of the Capital Development Authority (CDA).
In this backdrop, the government is planning to take the services of international experts on urban planning and sustainable architecture to develop the new Islamabad master plan considering the modern techniques and requirements.
According to the sources available, the government has made a breakthrough regarding the matter. It has found the only Ph.D. on the Capital's master plan. The individual is a Pakistani national, working in Brussels for more than 20 years. He has agreed to work voluntarily on Islamabad's Master Plan.
Professor Dr. Ahmed Zaib Khan, an expert on sustainable urban development, has agreed to work with the federal government and chalk out a new master plan for the capital city that will account for the modern and sustainable architecture and urban trends.
Currently, Dr. Khan is in Pakistan for vacation and serves at the Universite Libre de Bruxelles. He is well versed in framing master plans for urban development in the European Union, Latin America, and Africa.
According to Dr. Khan,
I think I have been serving the world with my abilities and it is about time that I should return my services to my country and my people now. I want to serve purely on a voluntary basis and don't seek anything from Pakistan in return.
As for the tussle between the government and the CDA officials, the bureaucracy is trying to foil transparency and moderation. Reportedly, the top CDA officials have recently attempted a covert move to retain their control over the affairs by taking over the CDA's Board of Directors (BOD).
Source: Pro Pakistan