- JinkoSolar Supplied 17.5MW High-efficiency Modules to Fauji Solar Power Plant in PakistanPosted 6 hours ago
- Low Carbon on Cement Possible with CCSPosted 22 hours ago
- Biotalys Submits First Protein-Based Biocontrol Registration Package to the EPAPosted 1 day ago
- نینو،30 ټائمز په ذریعہ زیفیرټیل د حل په ذریعہ د مواد فراہمی ګړندې کوې۔Posted 1 day ago
- جیمن کئیر نے anti-SARS-CoV-2 کو بے اثر کرنے والی اینٹی باڈی JMB2002 کے طبی تجربے کے پہلے مرحلے کا آغاز کردیاPosted 1 day ago
- NANO Accelerates Content Delivery by Thirty Times with Solutions from ZephyrTelPosted 1 day ago
- نانو نے زیفیرٹیل کے حل کے ہمراہ مواد کی فراہمی کی رفتار30 گُنا بڑھادیPosted 1 day ago
- پھولو ایک پاکسنانی کسان جس کے لاکھوں پرستار ہے نے ابھی سنیک ویڈیو جائن کیاPosted 1 day ago
- Phoollu, Pakistani farmer with millions of fans, just joined SnackVideoPosted 1 day ago
- PMTA VERIFIED RELEASES UNVERIFIED BRANDS LISTPosted 2 days ago
Fuel station closure torments citizens
Karachi: Abrupt closure of petrol pumps and CNG stations following the assassination of Muttahida Qaumi Movement (MQM) MPA Manzar Imam on Thursday tormented citizens.
All fuel stations went closed suddenly and public transport also stopped plying on city streets. Karachiites faced immense problems in reaching home. Hundreds of motorcyclists were dragging their bikes on different roads when they went out of fuel.
On Friday, the fuel stations continued to remain closed. Only a few petrol pumps in suburban areas near National Highway and Superhighway were open where long lines of motors and bikes were seen. On Superhighway the petrol pumps between Al-Asif Square and New Sabzi Mandi were open; however, by noon some of them went closed after they sold all available petrol in their tanks.
The supply of petrol and diesel remained suspended whole day, and a petrol pump operator, requesting anonymity, said it might not be restored on Saturday unless the political parties observing mourning give green signal for restoration of routine market activities in the city. He said every month fuel stations remain closed for a couple of days due to protest calls of political parties. He said the government should ensure special protection to fuel stations and political parties also give allow fuel stations to remain open on the protest days to facilitate citizens.