- Bombardier and Alstom Confirm Receipt of All Necessary Regulatory Approvals to Complete Bombardier Transportation Sale to AlstomPosted 12 hours ago
- U.S. Institute of Peace Opens Nominations for 2021 Women Building Peace AwardPosted 13 hours ago
- دو صنعتی شہروں کے مابین ایک مکالمہ: فریڈررک اینگلس کی پیدائش کی دو سوسالہ یاد منانے کے موقع پر چین کے ڈونگوان میں وُوپرٹال تصویری نمائش کا آغازPosted 19 hours ago
- HIV Prevention Trials Network Awarded U.S. National Institutes of Health Funding to Continue Research AgendaPosted 24 hours ago
- Aafaq Auto Fest surprises visitors with a helicopter and a giant boatPosted 1 day ago
- A dialogue between two industrial cities: Wuppertal Photo Exhibition launched in China’s Dongguan to commemorate the bicentenary of the birth of Friedrich EnglesPosted 2 days ago
- Bombardier Appoints Bart Demosky Executive Vice President and Chief Financial OfficerPosted 2 days ago
- چین کا ہینان فری ٹریڈ پورٹ21واں جشن منعقد کررہاہےPosted 5 days ago
- چین-آسیان ٹیکنالوجی ٹرانسفر اور جدت طرازی تعاون پر آٹھویں فورم کا ناننگ میں آغاز ہوگیاPosted 5 days ago
- ہینان فری تجارتی بندرگاہ پر پہلا انٹرنیشنل ٹورزم ایکیوپمنٹ ایکسپو کا انعقادPosted 5 days ago
French textile expert due in city
Karachi: Eric Mariaud, a French expert with an international knowledge of textile retailing, garment sourcing and international trade will be visiting Textile Institute of Pakistan TIP
Karachi from 16th September.
The visit has been coordinated by GIA Export Marketing Services Pvt. Ltd. who are established buying house dealing with complete range of garment products, said a TIP release.
The main purpose of Mariaud’s visit to TIP is to evaluate the academic programmes being offered and to provide guidance for future development and diversification in line with the global demands.
An experienced international buyer, Mariaud has over 30 years’ experience of dealing with garment industries in Pakistan, Bangladesh, India, Philippines and Thailand to name a few. He has also been involved with setting up of retail outlets of large groups based in France, Belgium and Russia.
He has also been visiting Professor at 6 universities in France teaching subjects in Retailing, Purchasing, Negotiation, Marketing and International Trade.
TIP is a HEC recognized degree awarding chartered institute established in 1994 by members of the All Pakistan Textile Mills Association APTMA. To date, over 1000 graduates have passed from TIP with vast majority serving the local textile and garment industries all over Pakistan. TIP alumni are today serving all the major textile mills such as Gul Ahmed, AlKaram, Younus Textile, Sapphire Group, Tata Textiles, Artistic Denim Mills as well as popular brands such as Bonanza, Cambridge, Khaadi, Ego to name a few.
TIP degrees are both nationally and internationally recognized with a number of students pursuing higher qualifications like MBA and MSc from well reputed national universities like IBA Karachi, LUMS, CBM, SZABIST and KSBL. Internationally, TIP graduates have been accepted on postgraduate programmes at North Carolina State University USA, Clemson University USA, University of Manchester UK, London College of Fashion UK, University of Sydney Australia and many other European universities.
The institute is now in its next development phase and Mr. Mariaud’s visit will be instrumental in giving TIP the direction it needs for next 20 years. The French expert will be having interactive sessions with students and faculty during his stay and will then present his findings to the Board of Governors for future implementation.