- 2019 چنگدو گلوبل انوویشن اور انٹرپرینیورشپ فیئر میں 33.3 بلین آر ایم بی کی ان ٹرانزیکشنز کی تکمیلPosted 23 hours ago
- RMB33.3b in Transactions Completed at the 2019 Chengdu Global Innovation and Entrepreneurship FairPosted 2 days ago
- 2019 جنوب اور جنوب مشرقی ایشیا کی اشیاء کی ایکسپو اور سرمایہ کاری میلہ چین کے یونان کے کن مینگ میں منعقدPosted 3 days ago
- 2019 South & Southeast Asia Commodity Expo and Investment Fair held in Kunming, China’s YunnanPosted 5 days ago
- زوزین اور ایک پاکستانی فیڈ انٹرپرائز باہمی فوائد اور برابری سطح کا تعاون حاصل کرتے ہوئےPosted 6 days ago
- ZOZEN and a Pakistan feed enterprise achieve mutual benefits and win-win cooperationPosted 1 week ago
- Melissa All-in-One Identity Verification to be Highlighted at FinTech Junction 2019Posted 1 week ago
- فینګ چینګ کینګ سټي کې د نړیوالو طبي سهولتونو او مرستو تابیاPosted 2 weeks ago
- فینگ چینگ کینگ سٹی میں بین الاقوامی طبی جدت اور تعاون کے فورم کا انعقادPosted 2 weeks ago
- International Medical Innovation and Cooperation Forum held in Fangchenggang CityPosted 2 weeks ago
French textile expert due in city
Karachi: Eric Mariaud, a French expert with an international knowledge of textile retailing, garment sourcing and international trade will be visiting Textile Institute of Pakistan TIP
Karachi from 16th September.
The visit has been coordinated by GIA Export Marketing Services Pvt. Ltd. who are established buying house dealing with complete range of garment products, said a TIP release.
The main purpose of Mariaud’s visit to TIP is to evaluate the academic programmes being offered and to provide guidance for future development and diversification in line with the global demands.
An experienced international buyer, Mariaud has over 30 years’ experience of dealing with garment industries in Pakistan, Bangladesh, India, Philippines and Thailand to name a few. He has also been involved with setting up of retail outlets of large groups based in France, Belgium and Russia.
He has also been visiting Professor at 6 universities in France teaching subjects in Retailing, Purchasing, Negotiation, Marketing and International Trade.
TIP is a HEC recognized degree awarding chartered institute established in 1994 by members of the All Pakistan Textile Mills Association APTMA. To date, over 1000 graduates have passed from TIP with vast majority serving the local textile and garment industries all over Pakistan. TIP alumni are today serving all the major textile mills such as Gul Ahmed, AlKaram, Younus Textile, Sapphire Group, Tata Textiles, Artistic Denim Mills as well as popular brands such as Bonanza, Cambridge, Khaadi, Ego to name a few.
TIP degrees are both nationally and internationally recognized with a number of students pursuing higher qualifications like MBA and MSc from well reputed national universities like IBA Karachi, LUMS, CBM, SZABIST and KSBL. Internationally, TIP graduates have been accepted on postgraduate programmes at North Carolina State University USA, Clemson University USA, University of Manchester UK, London College of Fashion UK, University of Sydney Australia and many other European universities.
The institute is now in its next development phase and Mr. Mariaud’s visit will be instrumental in giving TIP the direction it needs for next 20 years. The French expert will be having interactive sessions with students and faculty during his stay and will then present his findings to the Board of Governors for future implementation.