- China’s Major Winemaking Region Deams BigPosted 1 hour ago
- ٹائمز آف انڈیا کے آنے والے ویبنار میں اس پر بات کی جائے گی کہ کیسے آپ سیٹیزن شپ بائے انوسٹمنٹ ان ڈومینیکا کے ذریعے اپنے خاندان کے پائیدار مستقبل کے بارے میں منصوبہ بندی کرسکتے ہیں۔Posted 18 hours ago
- Times of India’s Upcoming Webinar Will Discusses How to Effectively Plan Your Family’s Future Through Citizenship by Investment in DominicaPosted 1 day ago
- Bombardier Announces Closing Date, Amended Terms for Sale of Aerostructures Business to Spirit AeroSystems Holding, Inc.Posted 2 days ago
- شركة Sphera تُطلق برنامجًا متطورًا مصممًا لتحويل أداء سلامة العمليات وإدارة المخاطر التشغيليةPosted 7 days ago
- Sphera Launches Cutting-Edge Software Designed to Transform Process Safety and Operational Risk Management PerformancePosted 7 days ago
- New Style of Remote Lesson, Experience-based Event “Pinch to Move! Three-dimensional Vision in Air” in ActionPosted 1 week ago
- [INVNT GROUP]™ And World Air League® Partner On World-First Cultural, Sports And Entertainment Event, World Sky Race®Posted 1 week ago
- یو لسم پین بیبو ګلف اقتصادی تعاون فورم او 2020 بیبو ګلف انټر نیشنل ګیټ وے پورټ تعاون سمټ 15 اکتوبر له په ګوانګسی نیننګ ښار کښي منعقد شو۔Posted 1 week ago
- Carnegie Endowment Announces The Malcolm H. Kerr Carnegie Middle East CenterPosted 1 week ago
Extremism, militancy are the challenges, PM
Islamabad: Prime Minister Raja Pervez Ashraf has observed that extremism, militancy and intolerance are the challenges which are a matter of high concern for
us since long.
He stated this in his opening remarks while presiding over the cabinet meeting here Thursday. He said ”As a new year’s resolution, we reiterate to fight out terrorism and other evils with the blessing of Allah and support of patriotic forces of the country.
With deep sorrow, the Cabinet condemns the current wave of terrorism and assassination of a great patriot Shaheed Bashir Ahmed Bilour, 21 Levy personnel, polio vaccinators in Khyber Pakhtunkhwa and Sindh, attack on Bacha Khan Airport Peshawar, the recent explosion at Mastung killing 19 pilgrims and the blast in Karachi killing four people and injuring 45”.
The Cabinet offered Fateha for Shaheed Bashir Ahmed Bilour and all those who have lost their lives as a result of terrorist’s cowardly acts.
He said the sacrifices of all those who have embraced Shahadat, will never go waste and a time will definitely come when these terrorists will be defeated.
The world knows that we have lost 30,000 civilian men, women and children, more than 5000 armed forces personnel and billions of dollars.
The Prime Minister said ”I feel that poverty and illiteracy are the major root causes of extremism and terrorism, and absorption of our unemployed people in gainful employment would greatly help circumventing them falling into the trap of the terrorists”.
He said Our Government is implementing programmes such as BISP to address the issues of poverty and unemployment. Notwithstanding the difficult international economic scenario and threats of terrorism, our capital market is growing and KSE 100 INDEX has crossed 16,000 Units, which
shows corporate profitability and investors confidence.
This reflects our coalition Government’s sincerity in eliminating terrorism and militancy from our soil. We have resolved to use all available resources to crush it, therefore, the terrorists have increased their attacks to destabilize the Government, he added.
He said the coalition Government is going to complete its tenure and is heading towards elections. The Government considers elections as “Amanat” which will be conducted in accordance with the Constitution.
Raja Pervez Ashraf made it clear that the PPP led coalition Government will not let anyone derail democracy in the country as countless sacrifices have been made for it. Parliamentary system will further be strengthened.