- چین کا ہینان فری ٹریڈ پورٹ21واں جشن منعقد کررہاہےPosted 2 days ago
- چین-آسیان ٹیکنالوجی ٹرانسفر اور جدت طرازی تعاون پر آٹھویں فورم کا ناننگ میں آغاز ہوگیاPosted 2 days ago
- ہینان فری تجارتی بندرگاہ پر پہلا انٹرنیشنل ٹورزم ایکیوپمنٹ ایکسپو کا انعقادPosted 2 days ago
- The 8th Forum on China-ASEAN Technology Transfer and Collaborative Innovation Unveiled in NanningPosted 2 days ago
- The First Hainan International Tourism Equipment Expo Held at the Hainan Free Trade PortPosted 3 days ago
- China’s Hainan Free Trade Port Holds the 21st CarnivalPosted 3 days ago
- The MILLA Group Selects the Leddar Pixell From LeddarTech for the MILLA POD Autonomous ShuttlePosted 4 days ago
- 10kW+ Laser Cutting Machine Made a Sales Record of 260 Sets, Bodor Laser Constantly Surprises the MarketPosted 5 days ago
- ننشا میں منعقدہ آئی ایف ایف میں سسٹین ایبل اکنامک ڈیویلپمنٹ ایک گرما گرم موضوع بنا ہوا ہےPosted 6 days ago
- SNOMED CT supports New Zealand’s Canterbury District Health Board realize vision of a data driven, connected and integrated health systemPosted 6 days ago
Emirates Steel Delivers First Nuclear-Grade Metal
ABU DHABI, United Arab Emirates, Sept. 15, 2013 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE ) — The first shipment of ‘UAE Made’ nuclear grade reinforcing steel, produced by Emirates Steel, was delivered to Barakah, ENEC’s selected site of the UAE peaceful nuclear energy program.
A photo accompanying this release is available at http://www.globenewswire.com/newsroom/prs/?pkgid=20952
Emirates Steel is the only steelmaker in the MENA region qualified to supply Q-class (nuclear quality) reinforcing steel to the UAE nuclear energy program and the fourth company in the world to be qualified by the American Society of Mechanical Engineers (ASME) to produce Nuclear Qualified reinforcing rebar.
Over a two-year period, the Emirates Nuclear Energy Corporation (ENEC) collaborated with Emirates Steel to match its quality processes with the highest standards in the world and obtain ASME Material Organization certification. “In the nuclear energy industry, there is no greater priority than safety. To ensure the highest standards of safety in all aspects of our construction and operations, every product and every component must be of the highest quality standards. In order to achieve this, every supplier is subject to an extensive evaluation and assessment,” said Mohamed Al Hammadi, ENEC CEO.
“It took us more than two years to make the grade and to implement a nuclear quality system that would allow us to manufacture and supply nuclear quality products to the UAE peaceful nuclear energy program,” added Saeed G Al Romaithi, CEO of Emirates Steel.
Following the achievement of ASME certification, the first order of 45,000 tons of rebar, of which 5,000 tons are Q-class, has now been delivered to the project site at Barakah in the Western Region of Abu Dhabi. Further orders will be placed over the course of the next seven years as the construction of ENEC’s four nuclear energy plants progresses.
ENEC is working to deliver safe, clean, efficient and reliable nuclear energy to the United Arab Emirates. Established in December 2009, ENEC specializes in the deployment, ownership and operation of civil nuclear energy plants within the UAE, with a mission to deliver electricity to the UAE grid in 2017. www.enec.gov.ae
About Emirates Steel
Emirates Steel is the only integrated steel plant in the UAE producing rebar, wire rod and heavy sections. Established in 1998, the steelmaker has a capacity of 3.5 million MTPA, following two expansions and the investment of US$ 3 billion. www.emiratessteel.com