- ینگ شینگ اناج اور تیل کی مہم ٹائمز اسکوائر، نیو یارک، یو ایس اے میں نشرPosted 3 days ago
- Yingshang Grains and Oils Campaign Appears at Times Square, New York, USAPosted 3 days ago
- Open Society Foundations Announce 2020 Puerto Rico Youth FellowsPosted 3 days ago
- Sabin Vaccine Institute Funds Researchers to Investigate COVID-19 Misinformation, Design Solutions to Increase Vaccine AcceptancePosted 4 days ago
- ٹی سی ایل کی جانب سے سی ای ایس 2021 کے موقع پر مختلف کیٹیگریز میں نئی مصنوعات کی رونمائی- ٹی وی ،آڈیو،موبائل اور جدید گھریلو مصنوعاتPosted 4 days ago
- At CES 2021 TCL Unveils Newest Products in Multi-Categories – TV, Audio, Mobile and Smart Home AppliancesPosted 4 days ago
- سنیک ویڈو نے افتتاحی مواد کے ساتھ پاکستان میں اپنی پہلی تخلیق کار یعنی افتیتاحی کنٹینٹ اکیڈمی کی شروعات کردی ہیںPosted 4 days ago
- SnackVideo Kickstarts Its First Creator Academy in Pakistan with Inaugural Content CreatorsPosted 4 days ago
- سی آر آر سی نے آسٹریلیا میں چینی ثقافتی لائبریریاں قائم کردیںPosted 5 days ago
- سی آرآرسی “چائنا بوکسفیلف” په آسټریلیا کښې د چینی ثقافت لائبریریاني جوړويPosted 5 days ago
ECP to provide level playing ground to all political parties, says Secretary
Islamabad: The Election Commission of Pakistan ECP will provide level playing ground to all political parties and contesting candidates to ensure fair, transparent and credible elections” said Mr. Ishtiak Ahmad Khan, Secretary ECP while talking to an eight members delegation of NDI National Democratic Institute led by Mr. Joe Clark, former Prime Minister of Canada.
Mr. Ishtiak Ahmad Khan said that Code of Conduct for the political parties and candidates has already been finalized and sent to the political parties for their valuable feedback and now it will be finalized in the meeting of Special Committee for Electoral Issues on 31st December 2012.
He briefed the delegation about the vision and mission, role and responsibilities, composition, legal frame work and status of the ECP and informed that the Election Commission is an independent and Constitutional body and all executive authorities of the federation and in the provinces are bound under Article 220 of the Constitution of Pakistan to assist the Election Commission in discharge of its duties.
“For the upcoming elections several steps have been taken to ensure honest and credible elections that include: result management system for making the result compilation process fast, a comprehensive voters’ awareness campaign, establishment of District Outreach and Security Committee, and setting up permanent Election Tribunal for quick disposal of election disputes in day to day hearing within 120 days, delegation of magisterial powers to the presiding officers for three days.” he informed.
While briefing the delegation Mr. Muhammad Afzal Khan, Additional Secretary ECP said that voters can very easily get his/her voting detail by sending his/her CNIC number to 8300 and in case of any complaint, all the district offices of the ECP are open seven days a week to resolve the complaints about registration of vote, correction of particulars or objection about any entry therein till the announcement of election schedule. He said that the ECP has a database of 85 million voters and all these voters have been provided the facility to check their voting details and status through SMS code 8300 but the results are not encouraging. Therefore, all the civil society organization, political parties and media are requested to kindly help the ECP in disseminating the message for the general awareness of the public.
Mr. Joe Clark former Prime Minister of Canada highly appreciated the use of state-of-the-art technologies for verification of registration of voter with special reference to the SMS facility of sending CNIC number on 8300 from cell phone and receiving prompt response of voting details.