- Taconic Biosciences Expands Immuno-oncology Animal Model PortfolioPosted 13 hours ago
- ینگ شینگ اناج اور تیل کی مہم ٹائمز اسکوائر، نیو یارک، یو ایس اے میں نشرPosted 5 days ago
- Yingshang Grains and Oils Campaign Appears at Times Square, New York, USAPosted 5 days ago
- Open Society Foundations Announce 2020 Puerto Rico Youth FellowsPosted 5 days ago
- Sabin Vaccine Institute Funds Researchers to Investigate COVID-19 Misinformation, Design Solutions to Increase Vaccine AcceptancePosted 6 days ago
- ٹی سی ایل کی جانب سے سی ای ایس 2021 کے موقع پر مختلف کیٹیگریز میں نئی مصنوعات کی رونمائی- ٹی وی ،آڈیو،موبائل اور جدید گھریلو مصنوعاتPosted 6 days ago
- At CES 2021 TCL Unveils Newest Products in Multi-Categories – TV, Audio, Mobile and Smart Home AppliancesPosted 6 days ago
- سنیک ویڈو نے افتتاحی مواد کے ساتھ پاکستان میں اپنی پہلی تخلیق کار یعنی افتیتاحی کنٹینٹ اکیڈمی کی شروعات کردی ہیںPosted 6 days ago
- SnackVideo Kickstarts Its First Creator Academy in Pakistan with Inaugural Content CreatorsPosted 6 days ago
- سی آر آر سی نے آسٹریلیا میں چینی ثقافتی لائبریریاں قائم کردیںPosted 7 days ago
DPC summons APC in Karachi
Lahore: The Difa e Pakistan Council DPC has termed the Karachi situation alarming and decided to convene an All Parties Conference in the mega city on December 30 in order to find out ways and means to restore peace there.
This was stated by the DPC chairman, Maulana Samiul Haq, while briefing media men at the end of a DPC parties’ summit held at Mansoora.
He said that heads of all parties including the PMLN chief, Mian Nawaz Sharif and JUIF president Maulana Fazlur Rahman would be invited to the moot, and a joint ‘Peace March’ would be staged in the port city to underscore the need for an end to bloodletting and target killings.
Questioned if the MQM and the ANP would also be invited to the moot, he said the Council would be happy if all the parties joined hands for solving the Karachi issue.
To another question, he said the bloodshed and unrest in Karachi was not a sectarian issue. In fact, different forces were behind this and these were competing with one another to secure control of the city; however, the innocent people were falling its victim.
Ameer, Jamaat e Islami, Pakistan, Syed Munawar Hasan, Jamaat-ud-Dawa chief Hafiz Muhammad Saeed, head of the Ahle Sunnat wal Jamaat, Maulana Muhammad Ahmed Ludhianvi, Pir Saifullah Khalid and Lt Gen. rtd Hamid Gul, Sheikh Rashid Ahmed, Sardar Attique Ahmed, besides others, attended the DPC meeting.
Maulana Samiul Haq told media the DPC summit felt that the Karachi issue had become most serious. Dozens of people were being killed there daily and the Ulema and students of the religious Madrissahs were being targeted. Like citizens, the DPC was also concerned over the matter. He said the defence of the country was the primary concern of the DPC and it would offer every sacrifice to achieve this end.
The DPC chairman said that the US intervention and US slavery were the root causes of the unrest and instability in Pakistan, and added that the solution lay not only in freeing the country from the US political and economic slavery.
He said the DPC moot also discussed the worsening situation in Balochistan and called for immediate measures for the restoration of peace in the province.
Remembering the fall of Dhaka, the DPC moot termed the 16th of December as the blackest day in the country’s history. It decided to stage a Peace March on December 16 next from the Shahrah e Quaid e Azam, up to Wagha border.
Continuing, Maulana Samiul Haq said that a just and immediate solution of the Kashmir Issue was essential for lasting peace in the region. He welcomed the impending visit of the All Parties Hurriyat Conference delegation from Kashmir. However, he condemned New Delhi’s decision disallowing veteran Kashmir leader Syed Ali Gilani to join the delegation. He called upon Indian government to allow Syed Ali Gilani to visit this country with other Hurriyat leaders.
He said the DPC would hold a seminar on Kashmir in Islamabad on January 5 to express its solidarity with the Kashmiris struggling for freedom and would also stage a long march from Rawalpindi to Islamabad on February 5, the Kashmir Solidarity Day.
He said that the country’s defence was the responsibility of the entire nation and the parties representing the masses realize that.