- The MILLA Group Selects the Leddar Pixell From LeddarTech for the MILLA POD Autonomous ShuttlePosted 1 day ago
- 10kW+ Laser Cutting Machine Made a Sales Record of 260 Sets, Bodor Laser Constantly Surprises the MarketPosted 2 days ago
- ننشا میں منعقدہ آئی ایف ایف میں سسٹین ایبل اکنامک ڈیویلپمنٹ ایک گرما گرم موضوع بنا ہوا ہےPosted 3 days ago
- SNOMED CT supports New Zealand’s Canterbury District Health Board realize vision of a data driven, connected and integrated health systemPosted 3 days ago
- HIMSS & Health 2.0 Launch Middle East Digital Health Conference and Exhibition 29 Nov.-2 Dec., 2020Posted 3 days ago
- Sustained Economic Development Remains a Heated Topic at the IFF Held in NanshaPosted 3 days ago
- دنیا کے ساتھ قدم سے قدم ملا کر ،مستقبل سے بات کرتے ہوئے: گوانگژو کا نانشا سائی ٹیک اختراعات کے نئے اُفق دریافت کررہاہے۔Posted 6 days ago
- OKEx to resume withdrawals after the temporary suspensionPosted 6 days ago
- PRA Health Sciences appoints senior FDA official to lead new Global Center of Excellence for Decentralized Clinical Trial StrategyPosted 6 days ago
- Together with the world, talk to the future: Nansha of Guangzhou explores new horizons of sci-tech innovationPosted 7 days ago
DHA, DUHS team up to establish hospital
KARACHI: A Memorandum of Understanding was signed between Defence Housing Authority Karachi and DOW University of Health Sciences DUHS for establishment of a 500 bed Tertiary Care Teaching Hospital and a Medical College at DHA City Karachi DCK, an upcoming residential cum commercial project on Super Highway.
he MOU was signed by Prof Shaikh Nadeem Ahmed, Registrar DUHS and Brig R Inam Karim, Secretary DHA. Governor Sindh, Dr Ishratul Ebad Khan, Vice Chancellor DUHS Prof Dr Masood Hameed Khan and Administrator DHA Brig Muhammad Abdullah were also present on the occasion.
According to the MOU, Dow University of Health Sciences will be establishing a fully operational Teaching University Hospital and a state-of-the-art Liver Transplant Centre at the Health Care City of DCK. The hospital will be equipped with most modern medical equipment and will also have the housing facilities for staff and students alongwith all required allied amenities.
The DUHS Medical Complex will be a significant part of the Health Care City of DCK spread over 85 acres of land. DUHS Medical Complex will be built in four phases i.e. Phase-I a Medical Dispensary 201415, Phase-II a Medical Centre 201516, Phase-III Secondary Care Hospital 201718 and Phase-IV a Tertiary Care Hospital 201923.
Administrator DHA Brig Abdullah said that presence of DOW University of Health Sciences at DCK shows the confidence of people and stake holders in the viability and efficacy of DCK project. He said that development work at DCK site was in full swing to make it a liveable entity by 201516.
Governor Sindh, Dr Ishratul Ebad, said that the new initiative of DUHS is a significant step forward towards provision of best medical and health care facilities not only to DCK residents but also to the surrounding areas and the entire Sindh province. Prof Dr Masood Ahmed, VC DUHS thanked DHA for accommodating the Teaching Hospital in DCK right from the outset and hoped that the new DUHS Medical Complex at DCK will come up as one of the most modern medical facility in the region.