- China’s Chongqing awards 37 golden ideas for culture and tourism integrationPosted 5 hours ago
- Chongqing Liangjiang New Area rises from inland economic backwater to opening-up hubPosted 5 hours ago
- Alibaba’s new presence highlights Chongqing Liangjiang New Area’s passion for entrepreneurship, innovationPosted 5 hours ago
- SNOMED International Welcomes the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia’s National Health Information Center to the SNOMED CT CommunityPosted 1 day ago
- انطالیہ ہومز: ترکی سے پاکستانی زائرین کی تعداد میں 50 فیصداضافہ جو ایک لاکھ تک پہنچ جائے گیPosted 5 days ago
- ”ہاؤس کیپر-اسٹائل” سروس انٹرپرائزز کے لیے نیشنل نیننگ اکنامک اور ٹیکنالوجی ڈیویلپمنٹ ایریا میں وقت اور اقدمات کی بچت کرتی ہےPosted 5 days ago
- “Housekeeper-Style” Service Saves Time and Steps for Enterprises in National Nanning Economic & Technological Development AreaPosted 6 days ago
- 2019 چنگدو گلوبل انوویشن اور انٹرپرینیورشپ فیئر میں 33.3 بلین آر ایم بی کی ان ٹرانزیکشنز کی تکمیلPosted 6 days ago
- RMB33.3b in Transactions Completed at the 2019 Chengdu Global Innovation and Entrepreneurship FairPosted 1 week ago
- 2019 جنوب اور جنوب مشرقی ایشیا کی اشیاء کی ایکسپو اور سرمایہ کاری میلہ چین کے یونان کے کن مینگ میں منعقدPosted 1 week ago
DHA, DUHS team up to establish hospital
KARACHI: A Memorandum of Understanding was signed between Defence Housing Authority Karachi and DOW University of Health Sciences DUHS for establishment of a 500 bed Tertiary Care Teaching Hospital and a Medical College at DHA City Karachi DCK, an upcoming residential cum commercial project on Super Highway.
he MOU was signed by Prof Shaikh Nadeem Ahmed, Registrar DUHS and Brig R Inam Karim, Secretary DHA. Governor Sindh, Dr Ishratul Ebad Khan, Vice Chancellor DUHS Prof Dr Masood Hameed Khan and Administrator DHA Brig Muhammad Abdullah were also present on the occasion.
According to the MOU, Dow University of Health Sciences will be establishing a fully operational Teaching University Hospital and a state-of-the-art Liver Transplant Centre at the Health Care City of DCK. The hospital will be equipped with most modern medical equipment and will also have the housing facilities for staff and students alongwith all required allied amenities.
The DUHS Medical Complex will be a significant part of the Health Care City of DCK spread over 85 acres of land. DUHS Medical Complex will be built in four phases i.e. Phase-I a Medical Dispensary 201415, Phase-II a Medical Centre 201516, Phase-III Secondary Care Hospital 201718 and Phase-IV a Tertiary Care Hospital 201923.
Administrator DHA Brig Abdullah said that presence of DOW University of Health Sciences at DCK shows the confidence of people and stake holders in the viability and efficacy of DCK project. He said that development work at DCK site was in full swing to make it a liveable entity by 201516.
Governor Sindh, Dr Ishratul Ebad, said that the new initiative of DUHS is a significant step forward towards provision of best medical and health care facilities not only to DCK residents but also to the surrounding areas and the entire Sindh province. Prof Dr Masood Ahmed, VC DUHS thanked DHA for accommodating the Teaching Hospital in DCK right from the outset and hoped that the new DUHS Medical Complex at DCK will come up as one of the most modern medical facility in the region.