- چنگدو پانڈا ایشین فوڈ فیسٹول چین کے شہر چنگدو میں منعقد ہواPosted 21 hours ago
- Chengdu Panda Asian Food Festival Held in Chinese City ChengduPosted 2 days ago
- ” فوجیان کے اطراف سیاحت، تمام نعمت ہے” سرگرمی کا تسلسل — لانگ یان، فوجیان کی پہلی ثقافت اور سیاحت انڈسٹری ڈویلپمنٹ کانفرنس گوشیان،شانگ ہانگ کاونٹی میں منعقدPosted 5 days ago
- دنیا بھر سے بورڈ اور کارڈ گیمز کے” سپربرینز” ہینگشوئی میں اکٹھے شریکPosted 5 days ago
- “Super brains” in board and card games from all over the world play together in HengshuiPosted 6 days ago
- “Tour around Fujian, Have all Blessings” Activity Series — The 1st Culture and Tourism Industry Development Conference of Longyan, Fujian takes place in Gutian, Shanghang CountyPosted 6 days ago
- چین کے سائنس اور ٹیکنالوجی کمیونٹی کے سربراہان بین الاقوامی تعاون کو بڑھانے اور زیادہ دوست بنانے کی امید کرتے ہیںPosted 1 week ago
- Heads of China’s Science and Technology Community Expect to Deepen International Cooperation and Make More FriendsPosted 1 week ago
- دچين دسائنس اؤ ټيکنالوجۍ دټولنې مشر دمرستې دژورتيا او نورو ملګرو دجوړولو توقعو کويPosted 1 week ago
- 125 واں کینٹن فیئر 195,000 خریداروں کا استقبال کرتا ہوا، 29.73 بلین ڈالر آمدن تک پہنچ کر اختتام پذیرPosted 2 weeks ago
Dasu Hydropower Project’s Cost Increased by 40%
The Central Development Working Party (CDWP) on Monday recommended revised cost of Dasu Hydropower Project by 40% from Rs 486.093 billion to Rs 510.980 billion mainly because of the escalation of land cost.
The CDWP increased the land component cost of the Dasu Project from the original Rs 12 billion to Rs 39.6 billion in the second revision. It was initially estimated to cost Rs 12 billion which was revised up to Rs 19 billion in the first revision.
The Federal Minister for Planning, Development and Reform Makhdum Khusro Bakhtyar accorded approval to 17 projects worth Rs 18.8 billion and recommended 9 projects worth Rs 594.5 billion to Executive Committee of National Economic Council (Ecnec) for final consideration.
Projects related to energy, transport and communication, science and technology, health, population planning, industries and commerce, food and agriculture and education were presented in the meeting.
The Ministry of Water Resources presented the position paper of Dasu Hydel Power Project due to increased land and compensation cost from Rs 19 billion to Rs 36 billion with a total worth Rs 510 billion which was approved and referred to ECNEC for consideration.
The Ministry of National Food, Security and Research presented five projects 'Productivity Enhancement of Wheat' worth Rs 3,1987.4 million, 'Productivity Enhancement of Rice' worth Rs 15,809.620 million, 'Productivity Enhancement of Sugarcane' worth Rs 5,019.589 million and 'National Oilseeds Enhancement Programme (NOEP)' worth Rs 10,167.25 million and 'Cage, Culture, Cluster Development Project' worth Rs 6,582 million which were all recommended to ECNEC for consideration.
Three projects and a position paper related to energy sector were presented in the meeting. The first project 'Upgradation of POL Testing Facilities of HDIP at Islamabad, Lahore, Multan, Peshawar, Quetta and ISO Certification of Petroleum Testing Laboratory at Islamabad' worth Rs293.614 million was presented and approved.
The CDWP approved construction of 132 KV Grid Station at Mashkay and 132 KV STD NalMashkay Transmission Line project at a cost of Rs 1.2 billion. A '500 KV Moro Grid Station' worth Rs 5.4 billion was also approved.
The project related to transport and communication 'Construction of Groyne Wall/Break Water and allied works at East Bay (Demi Zer) Gwadar' worth Rs 1.01 billion was approved in the meeting.
HEC presented two projects 'Strengthening and Development of Physical and Technological Infrastructure at the University of Haripur' worth Rs 1.54 billion, and 'Livestock Sector Development through Capacity Building, Applied Research and Technology Transfer, University of Veterinary and Animal Sciences' worth Rs1.9 billion, which were approved in the meeting.
Ministry of Science and Technology presented two projects titled 'Establishment of PakKorea Testing Laboratory for PV Modules and Allied Equipment' worth Rs1.38 billion and 'Upgradation of Polymers and Plastics Laboratory at PCSIR Laboratories Complex, Lahore' worth Rs140.249 million which were accorded approval.
Three healthrelated projects were presented in the meeting. Ministry of National Health, Services, Regulation and Coordination presented 'Treatment of Cancer Patients of ICT, AJK and GilgitBaltistan' worth Rs 4.72 billion which was recommended to ECNEC for consideration.
Three projects related to population planning were presented by the Ministry of National Health, Services, Regulation and Coordination.
It was requested by the Minister of Education for extension of 'Establishment and Operation of Basic Education Community Schools in the country' till June 2019 worth Rs 4.62 billion which was referred to Ecnec for consideration.
The Pakistan Atomic Energy Commission (PAEC) presented two projects 'Upgradation of Atomic Energy Cancer HospitalKIRAN (AECHKIRAN)' worth Rs 2.3 billion and 'Upgradation of Diagnostic and Therapeutic Facilities at BINO, Bahawalpur,' worth Rs 1.37 billion were also given approval.
Source: pro Pakistani