- 2019 چنگدو گلوبل انوویشن اور انٹرپرینیورشپ فیئر میں 33.3 بلین آر ایم بی کی ان ٹرانزیکشنز کی تکمیلPosted 1 day ago
- RMB33.3b in Transactions Completed at the 2019 Chengdu Global Innovation and Entrepreneurship FairPosted 2 days ago
- 2019 جنوب اور جنوب مشرقی ایشیا کی اشیاء کی ایکسپو اور سرمایہ کاری میلہ چین کے یونان کے کن مینگ میں منعقدPosted 3 days ago
- 2019 South & Southeast Asia Commodity Expo and Investment Fair held in Kunming, China’s YunnanPosted 5 days ago
- زوزین اور ایک پاکستانی فیڈ انٹرپرائز باہمی فوائد اور برابری سطح کا تعاون حاصل کرتے ہوئےPosted 6 days ago
- ZOZEN and a Pakistan feed enterprise achieve mutual benefits and win-win cooperationPosted 1 week ago
- Melissa All-in-One Identity Verification to be Highlighted at FinTech Junction 2019Posted 1 week ago
- فینګ چینګ کینګ سټي کې د نړیوالو طبي سهولتونو او مرستو تابیاPosted 2 weeks ago
- فینگ چینگ کینگ سٹی میں بین الاقوامی طبی جدت اور تعاون کے فورم کا انعقادPosted 2 weeks ago
- International Medical Innovation and Cooperation Forum held in Fangchenggang CityPosted 2 weeks ago
Curriculum is playing a key role in development of new generation, Minister
Peshawar: Khyber Pakhtunkhwa Caretaker Minister for Information and Education, Mossarat Qadeem has said that curriculum was playing a key role in development of new generation and making it capable of the challenges of the world. It was need of the hour to develop and harmonize the curricula in line with the needs of new era, she added.
This, she said, while attending a presentation on Khyber Pakhtunkhwa Text Book Board KPTBB at Peshawar on Wednesday.
Chairman KPTBB Dr. Himayatullah, Chairman BISE Peshawar Dr. Shafi Afridi and Chairmen of other boards were also present on this occasion. They, on this occasion, put their share and forwarded their viable proposals and suggestions for making the curricula in line with the needs of the hour.
The minister was informed, after 18th Constitutional Amendment, development of curricula is the provincial subject and legislation for it, has already been made, however, proper interpretation of the said law was needed for effective
Implementation on it. She was further informed that the Provincial Text Book Board Review Committee has also formed which started its work.
She was told that development of curricula was the responsibility of the Directorate of Curriculum and Teachers Education DCTE while publication of Text Books and its delivery to the schools was the work of Text Book Board. However, capacity building of DCTE was must to efficiently do its job. She was also told that GIZ also extending its full support in this very important task.
Mossarat Qadeem maintained that development of curricula was not an easy job but all our future depending upon it. Therefore, experts of good repute should be included in the Provincial Text Book Board Review Committee irrespective of personal likes and dislikes, she said.
She directed the authorities concerned to focus on the training of teachers before introducing any textbook in the educational institutions as well trained teachers could prepare a capable generation. She said that curriculum and teacher’s education was interlinked and both need our special attention.
The education minister continued that all the stakeholders should be taken on board before development of curricula or any change in it and launch a formal awareness campaign for it through media and other means so as there should be no misunderstanding in this respect in the society.
She directed the authorities concerned to develop the books of maths and science subjects in English from Grade one so as the students and teachers could not face difficulty in the upper stages. She stressed that special attention should be given to the capacity building and training of the teachers to properly teach the subjects.