- Despite Brexit Uncertainty, Business Schools in UK Continue to See Strong International DemandPosted 1 day ago
- Validated with Microsoft Skype for Business, Patton Delivers Cloud-Powered IntegrationPosted 2 days ago
- وزيرة النقل بالولايات المتحدة، إلين تشاو، تعلن عن مجلس جديد لدعم تسويق “الهايبرلوب”.Posted 7 days ago
- U.S. Secretary of Transportation Elaine Chao Announces New Council to Support Hyperloop CommercializationPosted 1 week ago
- پانی کی ری سائکلنگ اورمینجمنٹ کے لئے قانون سازی کا مطالبہPosted 1 week ago
- Call for Legislative Action for Water Recycling and ManagementPosted 1 week ago
- ترکی میں کرپٹوکرنسی کے ذریعے جائیداد خریدنا اب ممکن انطالیہ ہومز کے ساتھPosted 2 weeks ago
- YPO Names Elizabeth Zucker 2019-2020 ChairmanPosted 2 weeks ago
- The Graduate Management Admission Council Welcomes BI Norwegian Business School Into GMAC MembershipPosted 2 weeks ago
- FXCM Arabic Celebrates 20 Years of Trading With 31% off Gold Spreads for a Limited Time*Posted 3 weeks ago
Culture is the power of identity, minister
Peshawar: Khyber Pakhtunkhwa Caretaker Minister for Information, Culture and Education, Mossarat Qadeem has said that culture is the power and identity of any nation and the nations having no respect for their culture could not make progress in any field of life.
Keeping in view the importance of culture, the authorities concerned have been directed to finalize the proposed cultural policy at the earliest and if needed legislation for it would also be made, she added.
This she said while handing over a cheque of Rs. 5 lacs to the honorary secretary of Abasin Arts Council Mushtaq Shabab at Peshawar on Wednesday. Secretary Information and Culture, Azmat Hanif Orakzai, Director Culture, Pervez Khan, members of Abasin Arts Council Prof. Nasir Ali Sayed, Prof. Hisaam Hurr and Aziz Ejaz were also present on this occasion.
Mossarat Qadeem maintained that holding of impartial and transparent elections was the basic responsibility of the caretaker government and it played a role of bridge between the outgoing and incoming governments. She added that it was our great endeavour that there should be peaceful and transparent elections in the province and the reigns of the government would be in the hand of able and honest leadership.
The Culture Minister continued that the caretaker government wanted to have such short term measures which would have long term effects on the life of the common man and would work as guideline and road map for the upcoming government. She further said that culture was a vast subject and any field of life was not out of culture.
She however said that the role of writers was very crucial in moulding the public opinion through their writings in the society. She called upon the writers to make full use of their pen for reformation of the society so as to come out of the present critical situation.
Referring to the demand of increase in the grant of Abasin Arts Council, Mossarat Qadeem assured that she would do all her best in this regard as she loved the culture related people. She asked them to accelerate their activity and added that the government would extend its full support to it.