- JinkoSolar Supplied 17.5MW High-efficiency Modules to Fauji Solar Power Plant in PakistanPosted 7 hours ago
- Low Carbon on Cement Possible with CCSPosted 23 hours ago
- Biotalys Submits First Protein-Based Biocontrol Registration Package to the EPAPosted 1 day ago
- نینو،30 ټائمز په ذریعہ زیفیرټیل د حل په ذریعہ د مواد فراہمی ګړندې کوې۔Posted 1 day ago
- جیمن کئیر نے anti-SARS-CoV-2 کو بے اثر کرنے والی اینٹی باڈی JMB2002 کے طبی تجربے کے پہلے مرحلے کا آغاز کردیاPosted 1 day ago
- NANO Accelerates Content Delivery by Thirty Times with Solutions from ZephyrTelPosted 1 day ago
- نانو نے زیفیرٹیل کے حل کے ہمراہ مواد کی فراہمی کی رفتار30 گُنا بڑھادیPosted 1 day ago
- پھولو ایک پاکسنانی کسان جس کے لاکھوں پرستار ہے نے ابھی سنیک ویڈیو جائن کیاPosted 1 day ago
- Phoollu, Pakistani farmer with millions of fans, just joined SnackVideoPosted 1 day ago
- PMTA VERIFIED RELEASES UNVERIFIED BRANDS LISTPosted 2 days ago
Court: SC summons details of prisoners awaiting death sentence
ISLAMABAD: A three-member Supreme Court bench headed by Justice Anwar Zaheer Jamali on Tuesday summoned details of prisoners across the country awaiting death sentence.
Barrister Zafarullah Khan, counsel for a prisoner awaiting death sentence, told the court that 8, 000 prisoners all over the country were awaiting death sentence. He said 6, 355 such prisoners were only in the Punjab province.
He said the appeals of 896 such prisoners were pending for adjudication before the Supreme Court. Besides, he said four such appeals were pending in the General Headquarter GHQ. Similarly, he said 27 such appeals were pending before the Federal Shariat Court.
To a court query, he said 355 mercy petitions of such prisoners were pending before the President. Meanwhile, the court directed the Deputy Attorney General to produce details of such prisoners and adjourned further hearing for indefinite period.