- Nyxoah announces full-body 1.5T and 3T MRI compatibility for the Genio® system to treat Obstructive Sleep Apnea (OSA)Posted 19 hours ago
- JETEX EXPANDS ITS PRESENCE IN DUBAIPosted 2 days ago
- InvestorBrandNetwork (IBN) Recaps 2020 Milestones, Outlines 2021 InitiativesPosted 4 days ago
- JinkoSolar Supplied 17.5MW High-efficiency Modules to Fauji Solar Power Plant in PakistanPosted 5 days ago
- Low Carbon on Cement Possible with CCSPosted 5 days ago
- Biotalys Submits First Protein-Based Biocontrol Registration Package to the EPAPosted 6 days ago
- نینو،30 ټائمز په ذریعہ زیفیرټیل د حل په ذریعہ د مواد فراہمی ګړندې کوې۔Posted 6 days ago
- جیمن کئیر نے anti-SARS-CoV-2 کو بے اثر کرنے والی اینٹی باڈی JMB2002 کے طبی تجربے کے پہلے مرحلے کا آغاز کردیاPosted 6 days ago
- NANO Accelerates Content Delivery by Thirty Times with Solutions from ZephyrTelPosted 6 days ago
- نانو نے زیفیرٹیل کے حل کے ہمراہ مواد کی فراہمی کی رفتار30 گُنا بڑھادیPosted 6 days ago
Court: SC seeks identification of those not implementing flood commission’s recommendations
ISLAMABAD: The Supreme Court on Thursday directed the federal as well as provincial governments to inform it that to which extent the recommendations of the flood commission were implemented.
A three-member bench comprising Chief Justice Iftikhar Muhammad Chaudhry, Justice Gulzar Ahmed and Justice Sh. Azmat Saeed also directed that those who did not implement on the recommendations of the flood commission be identified.
The court was hearing a petition filed by Ms Marvi Memon contending that the recommendations of the flood commission were not being implemented. The Chief Justice noted that at this time too, the prevailing situation at the ground was not different from that of 201011.
He said God forbade if the flood hits this time too, there would be destruction. He said, in Punjab, the people have occupied the banks of the rivers, but the government was doing nothing.
Marvi Memon told the court that over 250 people were killed in Sindh and Balochistan during the floods, however the government did nothing. She said Watan Card had become a source of extorting money, adding that no action was being taken against the responsible quarters.