- Taconic Biosciences Expands Immuno-oncology Animal Model PortfolioPosted 15 hours ago
- ینگ شینگ اناج اور تیل کی مہم ٹائمز اسکوائر، نیو یارک، یو ایس اے میں نشرPosted 5 days ago
- Yingshang Grains and Oils Campaign Appears at Times Square, New York, USAPosted 5 days ago
- Open Society Foundations Announce 2020 Puerto Rico Youth FellowsPosted 5 days ago
- Sabin Vaccine Institute Funds Researchers to Investigate COVID-19 Misinformation, Design Solutions to Increase Vaccine AcceptancePosted 6 days ago
- ٹی سی ایل کی جانب سے سی ای ایس 2021 کے موقع پر مختلف کیٹیگریز میں نئی مصنوعات کی رونمائی- ٹی وی ،آڈیو،موبائل اور جدید گھریلو مصنوعاتPosted 6 days ago
- At CES 2021 TCL Unveils Newest Products in Multi-Categories – TV, Audio, Mobile and Smart Home AppliancesPosted 6 days ago
- سنیک ویڈو نے افتتاحی مواد کے ساتھ پاکستان میں اپنی پہلی تخلیق کار یعنی افتیتاحی کنٹینٹ اکیڈمی کی شروعات کردی ہیںPosted 6 days ago
- SnackVideo Kickstarts Its First Creator Academy in Pakistan with Inaugural Content CreatorsPosted 6 days ago
- سی آر آر سی نے آسٹریلیا میں چینی ثقافتی لائبریریاں قائم کردیںPosted 7 days ago
Court: SC issues notices on removal of PQA’s dysfunctional official
ISLAMABAD: A two-member Supreme Court bench on Wednesday issued notices to Attorney General and Secretaries Establishment Division and Ministry of Ports and Shipping in a case pertaining to removal of Abdul Jabbar Memon dysfunctional Deputy Secretary of Port Qasim Authority PQA.
The bench comprising Justice Tasadduq Hussain Jilani and Justice Nasirul Mulk was hearing a suo moto case pertaining to 686 illegal appointments from grade 2 to 21 in PQA by the Ports and Shipping’s former minister Babar Khan Ghauri and other governmental authorities and a petition filed by PQA’s dysfunctional Deputy Secretary Abdul Jabbar Memon against his removal.
At the onset of hearing, Abdul Jabbar Memon told the court that despite the apex court’s January 31, 2011 orders restraining the PQA chairman from making any further appointment on contract basis till further orders, the PQA management made over 250 appointments from Grade 2 to 19 in violation of the court’s orders.
He stated that besides making appointments, the incumbent chairman was given two year extension in his service tenure. He submitted that Mahmood Zameer Farooqi, brother in law of incumbent Commerce Minister Makhdoom Amin Fahim, also a respondent in the instant petition, was transferred from PQA and appointed as Deputy Director in Federal Investigation Agency FIA in violation of rules.
Memon submitted that his spouse was suffering from cancer and required chemotherapy and radiation, however despite the directives of Chief Secretary Sindh, she was not being shifted to hospital. The court asked Memon that when Attorney General will appear, he would be directed to look into the matter. Memon requested the court to constitute a larger bench for hearing the instant petition.
To a court query, Memon said he had already filed a petition before the apex court for formation of a larger bench as the matter had public importance. Meanwhile, the court adjourned further hearing for fortnight.