- Rhotex Inc Launches Environmentally-Sound Options to Crypto MiningPosted 7 hours ago
- Virgin Hyperloop Unveils Passenger Experience VisionPosted 11 hours ago
- ٹاپ پاکستانی سٹار جنت مرزا سنیک ویڈیو پر مقبولیت حاصل کر رہی ہےPosted 15 hours ago
- Top Pakistan Star Jannat Mirza is Amassing Growing Popularity on SnackVideoPosted 15 hours ago
- LeddarTech Announces Significant Growth in Customer Engagements, Partnerships, and Investment in 2020Posted 19 hours ago
- Top Pakistan Star Jannat Mirza is Amassing Growing Popularity on SnackVideoPosted 20 hours ago
- ٹاپ پاکستانی سٹار جنت مرزا سنیک ویڈیو پر مقبولیت حاصل کر رہی ہےPosted 20 hours ago
- Telefónica Germany selects Opanga Networks Inc for RAN OptimizationPosted 20 hours ago
- سعودی ائرلائن (سعودیہ) کوفلائٹ ہیلتھ سیفٹی کے لیے ہیرا اسٹیٹس ملا ہےPosted 21 hours ago
- Nyxoah announces full-body 1.5T and 3T MRI compatibility for the Genio® system to treat Obstructive Sleep Apnea (OSA)Posted 2 days ago
Court: SC adjourns hearing in IHC judges’ appointment case
ISLAMABAD: A five-member larger bench of Supreme Court headed by Justice Khilji Arif Hussain on Friday adjourned for indefinite period hearing on a petition pertaining to the appointment of two judges of the Islamabad High Court IHC and a review petition filed by the government in this regard.
During the hearing, the court noted that both the petitions had become anfractuous as appointment notification of both the IHC judges had issued. Advocate Nadeem Ahmed had filed a contempt petition against the president, prime minister and law minister for not issuing the notification despite the Supreme Court orders.
Advocate Abdul Rauf apprised the court that petitioner Nadeem Ahmed’s counsel Muhammad Akram Sheikh could not turn up, however had requested that his petition may be kept pending . Justice Khilji Arif Hussain noted that there was no need to keep the petition pending as the matter had resolved.
He noted that government’s review petition had also become anfractuous. Attorney General Irfan Qadar requested the court that review petition of the government may be kept pending until issuance of the detailed verdict on the petition. The court noted that the matter had resolved, however adjourned the matter for indefinite period.