- Taconic Biosciences Expands Immuno-oncology Animal Model PortfolioPosted 13 hours ago
- ینگ شینگ اناج اور تیل کی مہم ٹائمز اسکوائر، نیو یارک، یو ایس اے میں نشرPosted 5 days ago
- Yingshang Grains and Oils Campaign Appears at Times Square, New York, USAPosted 5 days ago
- Open Society Foundations Announce 2020 Puerto Rico Youth FellowsPosted 5 days ago
- Sabin Vaccine Institute Funds Researchers to Investigate COVID-19 Misinformation, Design Solutions to Increase Vaccine AcceptancePosted 6 days ago
- ٹی سی ایل کی جانب سے سی ای ایس 2021 کے موقع پر مختلف کیٹیگریز میں نئی مصنوعات کی رونمائی- ٹی وی ،آڈیو،موبائل اور جدید گھریلو مصنوعاتPosted 6 days ago
- At CES 2021 TCL Unveils Newest Products in Multi-Categories – TV, Audio, Mobile and Smart Home AppliancesPosted 6 days ago
- سنیک ویڈو نے افتتاحی مواد کے ساتھ پاکستان میں اپنی پہلی تخلیق کار یعنی افتیتاحی کنٹینٹ اکیڈمی کی شروعات کردی ہیںPosted 6 days ago
- SnackVideo Kickstarts Its First Creator Academy in Pakistan with Inaugural Content CreatorsPosted 6 days ago
- سی آر آر سی نے آسٹریلیا میں چینی ثقافتی لائبریریاں قائم کردیںPosted 7 days ago
Court: RPPs case will be pursued at all costs: CJ
ISLAMABAD: During the hearing of a case, the Chief Justice of Pakistan CJP Iftikhar Chaudhry on Wednesday said that it was the duty of the judges to uphold the rule of law and supremacy of the constitution and they will do so at all costs.
He said the judges were under the oath to uphold the rule of law and protect the constitution at all costs. He said some federal ministers were giving unsubstantiated opinions over the Supreme Court orders, even without going through them, which was funny.
He said Rental Power Plants’ RPPs corruption case involving Prime Minister Raja Pervaiz Ashraf would be heard even if the “sky were to fall down”. He said PPP workers were beating drums outside the Supreme Court building to press it not to hear th RPPs scam.
Earlier on Tuesday, a threemember Supreme Court bench headed by Chief Justice Iftikhar Muhammad Chaudhry had ordered NAB t arrest Prime Minister Raja Pervaiz Ashraf along with 15 others, being accused in the RPPs case, till January 17.
The court directed NAB to arrest all these accused and present challan within 24 hours January 17. The court had held that NAB chairman will personally be responsible if any of the accused managed to escape from the country.
The apex court orders were came when TehreeeMinhajul Quran chief Dr Tahirul Qadri’s address to the participants of the long march was underway in the federal capital.