- Nyxoah announces full-body 1.5T and 3T MRI compatibility for the Genio® system to treat Obstructive Sleep Apnea (OSA)Posted 18 hours ago
- JETEX EXPANDS ITS PRESENCE IN DUBAIPosted 2 days ago
- InvestorBrandNetwork (IBN) Recaps 2020 Milestones, Outlines 2021 InitiativesPosted 4 days ago
- JinkoSolar Supplied 17.5MW High-efficiency Modules to Fauji Solar Power Plant in PakistanPosted 5 days ago
- Low Carbon on Cement Possible with CCSPosted 5 days ago
- Biotalys Submits First Protein-Based Biocontrol Registration Package to the EPAPosted 5 days ago
- نینو،30 ټائمز په ذریعہ زیفیرټیل د حل په ذریعہ د مواد فراہمی ګړندې کوې۔Posted 6 days ago
- جیمن کئیر نے anti-SARS-CoV-2 کو بے اثر کرنے والی اینٹی باڈی JMB2002 کے طبی تجربے کے پہلے مرحلے کا آغاز کردیاPosted 6 days ago
- NANO Accelerates Content Delivery by Thirty Times with Solutions from ZephyrTelPosted 6 days ago
- نانو نے زیفیرٹیل کے حل کے ہمراہ مواد کی فراہمی کی رفتار30 گُنا بڑھادیPosted 6 days ago
Court: 20142 cases pending in SC
ISLAMABAD: As many as 20, 142 cases are pending before the Supreme Court. The Supreme Court disposed of 840 cases against institution of 431 new cases during December 15, 2012 to December 21, 2012.
The backlog in the apex court on December 15, 2012 was 20551 cases. As 431 new cases were instituted during the period from Saturday December 15, 2012 to Friday December 21, 2012, the progressive total of pending cases as on December 21, 2012 came to 20982 cases.
Out of these, 840 cases were disposed of during the period from Monday December 15 to Friday December 21 and backlog remained 20, 142.
The Chief Justice of Pakistan Iftikhar Muhammad Chaudhry had constituted various Benches at the principal Seat, Islamabad and Branch Registries to expedite the case hearings and clear the backlog. The Supreme Court is trying to accelerate disposal of cases and diminish the backlog.