- JETEX EXPANDS ITS PRESENCE IN DUBAIPosted 10 hours ago
- InvestorBrandNetwork (IBN) Recaps 2020 Milestones, Outlines 2021 InitiativesPosted 3 days ago
- JinkoSolar Supplied 17.5MW High-efficiency Modules to Fauji Solar Power Plant in PakistanPosted 3 days ago
- Low Carbon on Cement Possible with CCSPosted 4 days ago
- Biotalys Submits First Protein-Based Biocontrol Registration Package to the EPAPosted 4 days ago
- نینو،30 ټائمز په ذریعہ زیفیرټیل د حل په ذریعہ د مواد فراہمی ګړندې کوې۔Posted 4 days ago
- جیمن کئیر نے anti-SARS-CoV-2 کو بے اثر کرنے والی اینٹی باڈی JMB2002 کے طبی تجربے کے پہلے مرحلے کا آغاز کردیاPosted 5 days ago
- NANO Accelerates Content Delivery by Thirty Times with Solutions from ZephyrTelPosted 5 days ago
- نانو نے زیفیرٹیل کے حل کے ہمراہ مواد کی فراہمی کی رفتار30 گُنا بڑھادیPosted 5 days ago
- پھولو ایک پاکسنانی کسان جس کے لاکھوں پرستار ہے نے ابھی سنیک ویڈیو جائن کیاPosted 5 days ago
Court: 19,655cases pending adjudication in SC
ISLAMABAD: The Supreme Court SC disposed of 503 cases against institution of 323 new cases during the week- January 12 Saturday to Jan 18 Friday. Now the backlog of cases in SC remains 19655.
According to details, the backlog in the apex court on January 12, 2013 was 19,835 cases. As 323 new cases were instituted during the period from January 12, 2013 to January 18, 2013, the progressive total of pending cases as on January 18, 2013 came to 20158 cases.
Out of these, 503 cases were disposed of during the period from January 12, 2013 to January 18, 2013, thus the backlog on January 18, 2013 remained 19655 cases.
The Chief Justice of Pakistan Iftikhar Muhammad Chaudhry had constituted various benches at the principal seat, Islamabad and branch registries to expedite the case hearings and clear the backlog. The Chief Justice of Pakistan and the judges of Supreme Court remained committed to accelerate disposal of cases and diminish the backlog.
The judges continued to hear the cases in various benches with the aim to minimize the backlog and provide relief to the litigants.