- China’s Major Winemaking Region Deams BigPosted 3 hours ago
- ٹائمز آف انڈیا کے آنے والے ویبنار میں اس پر بات کی جائے گی کہ کیسے آپ سیٹیزن شپ بائے انوسٹمنٹ ان ڈومینیکا کے ذریعے اپنے خاندان کے پائیدار مستقبل کے بارے میں منصوبہ بندی کرسکتے ہیں۔Posted 19 hours ago
- Times of India’s Upcoming Webinar Will Discusses How to Effectively Plan Your Family’s Future Through Citizenship by Investment in DominicaPosted 1 day ago
- Bombardier Announces Closing Date, Amended Terms for Sale of Aerostructures Business to Spirit AeroSystems Holding, Inc.Posted 2 days ago
- شركة Sphera تُطلق برنامجًا متطورًا مصممًا لتحويل أداء سلامة العمليات وإدارة المخاطر التشغيليةPosted 7 days ago
- Sphera Launches Cutting-Edge Software Designed to Transform Process Safety and Operational Risk Management PerformancePosted 7 days ago
- New Style of Remote Lesson, Experience-based Event “Pinch to Move! Three-dimensional Vision in Air” in ActionPosted 1 week ago
- [INVNT GROUP]™ And World Air League® Partner On World-First Cultural, Sports And Entertainment Event, World Sky Race®Posted 1 week ago
- یو لسم پین بیبو ګلف اقتصادی تعاون فورم او 2020 بیبو ګلف انټر نیشنل ګیټ وے پورټ تعاون سمټ 15 اکتوبر له په ګوانګسی نیننګ ښار کښي منعقد شو۔Posted 1 week ago
- Carnegie Endowment Announces The Malcolm H. Kerr Carnegie Middle East CenterPosted 1 week ago
CM reviews steps to check measles
Karachi: Sindh Chief Minister Syed Qaim Ali Shah Wednesday presided over a meeting to review the measures taken against outbreak of measles in the province.
The meeting held in the CM House was attended by provincial health minister Dr. Sagheer Ahmed, MNA Dr Azra Pechooho, Secretary Health Sindh Aftab Ahmed Khatri, Director General Health Services Sindh Dr. Feroz Memon, Project Director EPI Mazhar Khamisani and others.
Qaim Ali Shah, addressing on the occasion, said that the government is focusing to provide quality education and healthcare to poor and deprived people and many schemes have been completed in this regard. He said that health is an important subject and the government is doing a lot to improve healthcare of masses. He said that the outbreak of measles was due to improper healthcare cover, negligence and irresponsibility of officers, doctors and staff of health department. He said prompt action will be taken against the negligent elements. He directed to make adequate efforts to control the situation so as to stop further spread of disease.
Dr. Azra Pechooho stressed that role of PPHI must be revised as majority of BHUs come under them. She further said that differences of assignments should be settled and a new MoU could be signed.
Health Minister Dr. Sagheer Ahmed highlighted the efforts of his department against the measles. He said that he had already taken action against negligent officers and staff.
The meeting was informed that measles cases were reported throughout the year all over Sindh, but in the month of December 2012 these cases sharply increased in districts of Ghotki, Jacobabad, Sukkur, Kashmore, Khairpur, Larkana, Shikarpur and Kambar Shahdadkot.
The meeting was informed that a total 7274 cases of measles were reported in the year 2012, while 210 deaths also reported.