- چین کا ہینان فری ٹریڈ پورٹ21واں جشن منعقد کررہاہےPosted 2 days ago
- چین-آسیان ٹیکنالوجی ٹرانسفر اور جدت طرازی تعاون پر آٹھویں فورم کا ناننگ میں آغاز ہوگیاPosted 2 days ago
- ہینان فری تجارتی بندرگاہ پر پہلا انٹرنیشنل ٹورزم ایکیوپمنٹ ایکسپو کا انعقادPosted 2 days ago
- The 8th Forum on China-ASEAN Technology Transfer and Collaborative Innovation Unveiled in NanningPosted 2 days ago
- The First Hainan International Tourism Equipment Expo Held at the Hainan Free Trade PortPosted 3 days ago
- China’s Hainan Free Trade Port Holds the 21st CarnivalPosted 3 days ago
- The MILLA Group Selects the Leddar Pixell From LeddarTech for the MILLA POD Autonomous ShuttlePosted 4 days ago
- 10kW+ Laser Cutting Machine Made a Sales Record of 260 Sets, Bodor Laser Constantly Surprises the MarketPosted 5 days ago
- ننشا میں منعقدہ آئی ایف ایف میں سسٹین ایبل اکنامک ڈیویلپمنٹ ایک گرما گرم موضوع بنا ہوا ہےPosted 6 days ago
- SNOMED CT supports New Zealand’s Canterbury District Health Board realize vision of a data driven, connected and integrated health systemPosted 6 days ago
CM orders steps to tackle monsoon season eventuality
KARACHI: Caretaker Chief Minister Sindh Justice R Zahid Kurban Alavi has directed the departments concerned for marking advance preparations and measures to face any eventuality in better way during forth coming monsoon season.
This he said while presiding a high level meeting of Irrigation Department, Provincial Disaster Management Authority PDMA, relief department and other concerned departments held at CM House on Tuesday. He said that with advance preparations and precautionary measures we could cope with any situation in better way. He stressed for better coordination among the irrigation, PDMA, Relief Commissioner and other concerned departments.
In this connection, Caretaker CM Sindh constituted a committee under the chair of chief secretary Sindh and principal secretary to CM Sindh will be vice chairman while members will include provincial secretaries of irrigation, Finance, Senior Member Board of Revenue SMBOR and Director General PDMA.
The Committee will be responsible for monitoring the process, administrative steps and coordination of all the relevant departments so that all affairs could be run in an effective and smooth manner. CM Sindh said that irrigation and agriculture were important sectors and these need special focus as economy of our country depends on agriculture.
He said that to face any disaster or eventuality Disaster Management Authorities at district level are already established. “There is need to activate and strengthen these authorities for advance preparedness so that urgent response could be generated to face any disaster” C.M Sindh stressed. CM Sindh added that through advance preparations not only disasters could be faced in effective manner but expenditure could be minimized. He directed the irrigation offices to further strengthen the river embankments with special focus on vulnerable points.
Caretaker provincial minister for irrigation Mr. Shuja Junejo said that people residing near and surrounding the river Indus embankments will have to extend cooperation with the administration. Minister emphasized the need to remove the illegal encroachments and constructions from the embankments. Secretary irrigation Babar Effendi while briefing the meeting said that irrigation department has taken various initiatives for strengthening the river embankments. He added that presently out of 76 ongoing schemes of construction and repair most were on verge of completion, while remaining schemes will be completed by June 30, 2013.
DG PDMA in his briefing informed that Sindh province suffered huge losses in last 3 consecutive years due to floods and heavy rains. He said that PDMA with its limited resources provided relief and rehabilitation services to the affected people. He apprised the CM Sindh about the problems and constraints faced by PDMA. Relief commissioner informed the meeting that his department has already prepared a “Monsoon Contingency Plan 2013″ and this plan was being provided to all provincial departments, deputy commissions and other relevant officers.
He added that in last 3 years’ floods and heavy rains relief department played an effective role for relief and rehabilitation of affected people. The meeting was attended among others by irrigation minister Shuja Junejo, secretary finance Sohail Rajput, secretary irrigation Babar Effendi, Secretary Zakat & Usher, Rehabilitation DG PDMA.