- Taconic Biosciences Expands Immuno-oncology Animal Model PortfolioPosted 13 hours ago
- ینگ شینگ اناج اور تیل کی مہم ٹائمز اسکوائر، نیو یارک، یو ایس اے میں نشرPosted 5 days ago
- Yingshang Grains and Oils Campaign Appears at Times Square, New York, USAPosted 5 days ago
- Open Society Foundations Announce 2020 Puerto Rico Youth FellowsPosted 5 days ago
- Sabin Vaccine Institute Funds Researchers to Investigate COVID-19 Misinformation, Design Solutions to Increase Vaccine AcceptancePosted 6 days ago
- ٹی سی ایل کی جانب سے سی ای ایس 2021 کے موقع پر مختلف کیٹیگریز میں نئی مصنوعات کی رونمائی- ٹی وی ،آڈیو،موبائل اور جدید گھریلو مصنوعاتPosted 6 days ago
- At CES 2021 TCL Unveils Newest Products in Multi-Categories – TV, Audio, Mobile and Smart Home AppliancesPosted 6 days ago
- سنیک ویڈو نے افتتاحی مواد کے ساتھ پاکستان میں اپنی پہلی تخلیق کار یعنی افتیتاحی کنٹینٹ اکیڈمی کی شروعات کردی ہیںPosted 6 days ago
- SnackVideo Kickstarts Its First Creator Academy in Pakistan with Inaugural Content CreatorsPosted 6 days ago
- سی آر آر سی نے آسٹریلیا میں چینی ثقافتی لائبریریاں قائم کردیںPosted 7 days ago
CM launched KP Mechanized Farming Project
Peshawar: Chief Minister Khyber Pakhtunkhwa Amir Haider Khan Hoti has formally launched Khyber Pakhtunkhwa Mechanized Farming Project/Agriculture Policy at Tarnab Farm on Monday.
He said that project of mechanized farming and agriculture policy will prove harbinger of progress in active government functionaries, financial improvement of farmers and progress in agriculture production.
He said that the project will make available modern technology, environment and facilities to enable farmers to yield more production from their limited areas.
Provincial Agriculture Minister Arbab Muhammad Ayub Jan, Provincial Minister For Animal Husbandry Haji Hidayat Ullah, MPA Saqib Chamkani, administrative secretaries of agriculture, livestock and fishery departments, vice chancellor agriculture university, faculty members, agriculturists, scientists and farmers were also present on the occasion. The CM said that increase in responsibilities of government in agriculture sector due to 18th amendment, agriculture policy congruent to modern needs was needed. He said that 10 years agriculture policy with assistance of F.A.O, has been prepared bearing self sufficiency in agriculture and achievement of priorities in mind, added, implementation on the policy has commenced.
He said that under the policy worth Rs. 500million, farmers will be provided with modern technology at subsidized rates and other benefits and facilities. He said that resources will be provided to Model Farms Services Centre in the form of endowment fund.
He said that the province has the lead in preparing agriculture policy at national and provincial level under which guidance will be provided to agriculture sector for coming 10 years.
He said that agriculture has a backbone role in provincial economy and our rural development depended 80% on agriculture. He said that the present government has allocated Rs. 2 billion to agriculture for achieving self sufficiency in agriculture this year but the previous government has allocated Rs.322 million.
He said that on one hand the province was confronting difficulties and challenges, but on the other, God has bestowed the province with opportunities in different sectors including education, hydel power, oil and gas and agriculture sectors.
He said that the present government was committed for removal of darkness of ignorance through light of knowledge, added, establishment of eight universities, scholarships for intelligent students, financial assistance to students of far flung areas through public private partnership, financial assistance to families for girls education in Torghar and Kohistan and other programs reflect this commitment of the government. He said that future of the province was linked to investment in hydel power, oil and gas and agriculture.
He approved construction of road from GT Road to Tarnab Farm and issued directives to concerned authorities in this connection. He also issued directives to concerned authorities on demands of agriculture and live stocks departments and said that he will not make promise that he can’t realize. He said that politics can be practiced on hollow claims but he termed it infidelity.
The CM distributed endowment funds cheques among representatives of different farms services centers and offered honorary certificates to prominent performers agriculture scientists and officers and personnel of livestock and agriculture departments.
Secretary Agriculture Department, Muhammad Afsar Khan presented the welcome address, while project manager F.A.O David Dolan threw detailed light on crux of agriculture policy. Provincial ministers Arbab Muhammad Ayub Jan and Haji Hidayat Ullah Khan also addressed the gathering.
Earlier the CM launched mechanized farming project by cutting the ribbon. He inspected modern agriculture machinery and exhibition. He went to stalls of different and rare vegetables, fruits and honey. He talked intimately to organizers on the occasion and take guidance from them on different sectors.