- 2019 چنگدو گلوبل انوویشن اور انٹرپرینیورشپ فیئر میں 33.3 بلین آر ایم بی کی ان ٹرانزیکشنز کی تکمیلPosted 23 hours ago
- RMB33.3b in Transactions Completed at the 2019 Chengdu Global Innovation and Entrepreneurship FairPosted 2 days ago
- 2019 جنوب اور جنوب مشرقی ایشیا کی اشیاء کی ایکسپو اور سرمایہ کاری میلہ چین کے یونان کے کن مینگ میں منعقدPosted 3 days ago
- 2019 South & Southeast Asia Commodity Expo and Investment Fair held in Kunming, China’s YunnanPosted 5 days ago
- زوزین اور ایک پاکستانی فیڈ انٹرپرائز باہمی فوائد اور برابری سطح کا تعاون حاصل کرتے ہوئےPosted 6 days ago
- ZOZEN and a Pakistan feed enterprise achieve mutual benefits and win-win cooperationPosted 1 week ago
- Melissa All-in-One Identity Verification to be Highlighted at FinTech Junction 2019Posted 1 week ago
- فینګ چینګ کینګ سټي کې د نړیوالو طبي سهولتونو او مرستو تابیاPosted 2 weeks ago
- فینگ چینگ کینگ سٹی میں بین الاقوامی طبی جدت اور تعاون کے فورم کا انعقادPosted 2 weeks ago
- International Medical Innovation and Cooperation Forum held in Fangchenggang CityPosted 2 weeks ago
Chitralis protest against Text Book Board
Peshawar: Residents of district Chitral on Tuesday held protest demonstration against the Khyber Pakhtunkhwa Text Book Board for printing pictures what they said does not represent the Chitrali culture.
They also objected the use of irrelevant words of Khuwar language in books printed for the elementary classes.
Carrying banners and placards inscribed with different slogans against the textbook board, the demonstrators gathered at Sher Shah Suri road opposite Cantonment Railway Station and shouted full throat slogans in favour of their demands. Sadiq Amin, chairman, Tanzeem-e-Tahaffuz-e-Haqooq-e-Chitral (TTHC), led them.
He, while talking to reporters said that former provincial government had taken steps for promotion of mother tongues after long time but the text book board spoiled the whole practice and by printing such thing which had no links with the culture of Chitral.
In the elementary class book, the TTHC chairman said in the books such words and pictures had been printed which had no links with Chitrali and with Khuwar language, adding language was asset of a nation and presenting it in a wrong way is an assault on a culture.
He appealed to the chief justice Peshawar High Court PHC and interim government to take notice of mistakes in the elementary book of Khuwar language and take action against responsible persons.