- Despite Brexit Uncertainty, Business Schools in UK Continue to See Strong International DemandPosted 1 day ago
- Validated with Microsoft Skype for Business, Patton Delivers Cloud-Powered IntegrationPosted 2 days ago
- وزيرة النقل بالولايات المتحدة، إلين تشاو، تعلن عن مجلس جديد لدعم تسويق “الهايبرلوب”.Posted 7 days ago
- U.S. Secretary of Transportation Elaine Chao Announces New Council to Support Hyperloop CommercializationPosted 1 week ago
- پانی کی ری سائکلنگ اورمینجمنٹ کے لئے قانون سازی کا مطالبہPosted 1 week ago
- Call for Legislative Action for Water Recycling and ManagementPosted 1 week ago
- ترکی میں کرپٹوکرنسی کے ذریعے جائیداد خریدنا اب ممکن انطالیہ ہومز کے ساتھPosted 2 weeks ago
- YPO Names Elizabeth Zucker 2019-2020 ChairmanPosted 2 weeks ago
- The Graduate Management Admission Council Welcomes BI Norwegian Business School Into GMAC MembershipPosted 2 weeks ago
- FXCM Arabic Celebrates 20 Years of Trading With 31% off Gold Spreads for a Limited Time*Posted 3 weeks ago
Chitralis protest against Text Book Board
Peshawar: Residents of district Chitral on Tuesday held protest demonstration against the Khyber Pakhtunkhwa Text Book Board for printing pictures what they said does not represent the Chitrali culture.
They also objected the use of irrelevant words of Khuwar language in books printed for the elementary classes.
Carrying banners and placards inscribed with different slogans against the textbook board, the demonstrators gathered at Sher Shah Suri road opposite Cantonment Railway Station and shouted full throat slogans in favour of their demands. Sadiq Amin, chairman, Tanzeem-e-Tahaffuz-e-Haqooq-e-Chitral (TTHC), led them.
He, while talking to reporters said that former provincial government had taken steps for promotion of mother tongues after long time but the text book board spoiled the whole practice and by printing such thing which had no links with the culture of Chitral.
In the elementary class book, the TTHC chairman said in the books such words and pictures had been printed which had no links with Chitrali and with Khuwar language, adding language was asset of a nation and presenting it in a wrong way is an assault on a culture.
He appealed to the chief justice Peshawar High Court PHC and interim government to take notice of mistakes in the elementary book of Khuwar language and take action against responsible persons.