- وزيرة النقل بالولايات المتحدة، إلين تشاو، تعلن عن مجلس جديد لدعم تسويق “الهايبرلوب”.Posted 5 days ago
- U.S. Secretary of Transportation Elaine Chao Announces New Council to Support Hyperloop CommercializationPosted 6 days ago
- پانی کی ری سائکلنگ اورمینجمنٹ کے لئے قانون سازی کا مطالبہPosted 6 days ago
- Call for Legislative Action for Water Recycling and ManagementPosted 6 days ago
- ترکی میں کرپٹوکرنسی کے ذریعے جائیداد خریدنا اب ممکن انطالیہ ہومز کے ساتھPosted 2 weeks ago
- YPO Names Elizabeth Zucker 2019-2020 ChairmanPosted 2 weeks ago
- The Graduate Management Admission Council Welcomes BI Norwegian Business School Into GMAC MembershipPosted 2 weeks ago
- FXCM Arabic Celebrates 20 Years of Trading With 31% off Gold Spreads for a Limited Time*Posted 3 weeks ago
- القسم العربي في FXCM يحتفل بمرور 20 عام على تأسيس الشركة من خلال منح تخفيضات بنسبة 31 ٪ على سبريد الذهب لفترة محدودة*Posted 3 weeks ago
- ELS Educational Services, Inc. entered into an agreement with National Geographic Learning to develop custom-published ESL textbooks.Posted 3 weeks ago
CHILD RAPIST AND KILLER EXECUTED IN PAKISTAN
Imran Ali, the man convicted of raping and killing a seven-year old girl, Zainab, in Kasur was hanged to death in Kot Lakhpat Jail in the early hours of Wednesday, reported Associated Press of Pakistan (APP).
He was executed in the presence of Judicial Magistrate Adil Sarwar while the father of the victim, Muhammad Ameen Ansari and other relatives were also present.
Later, the killer's body was handed over to his heirs who took it to their native village.
Talking to media outside the jail, Zainab's father said he was satisfied as justice was done and he witnessed the murderer's execution.
On Tuesday, jail authorities arranged the convict's last meeting with his family which lasted for some 45 minutes.
Imran Ali was sentenced to death in February 2018 on the charges of kidnapping, raping and killing seven-year-old Zainab in January 2018 in Kasur.
The Lahore High Court and the Supreme Court upheld the conviction and the President also turned down his mercy petition.
Anti-terrorism Court (ATC)-I Judge Sajjad Ahmad on October 12 issued black warrant for Imran, ordering his execution on October 17.
A day before execution of the convict, on October 16, a Lahore High Court division bench dismissed a plea filed by Zainab's father, Ameen Ansari, for public execution of Imran Ali.
Little Zainab went missing on January 4, shortly after she left home to go to a neighbour's house where she studied Quran. Her parents were away in Saudi Arabia to perform Umrah when the incident took place. After relatives reported her missing the police recovered her body on January 9 from a heap of garbage.
The incident sparked unrest and massive protests in Kasur district resulting in violent clashes with the police.
The case caught a lot of attention on social and mainstream media.
Police later collected DNA samples of 1,187 persons from January 12 to January 23 to trace the accused. On January 23, police arrested Imran, a neighbour of Zainab's family, as his DNA matched with the DNA samples collected from the body of the victim.
The convict was involved in eight other similar cases wherein six victims had died and only two survived. An anti-terrorism court had awarded death sentence on 21 counts to Imran Ali in the cases.
Source: NAM NEWS NETWORK