- Nasdaq وIraq Stock Exchange توقّعان على اتفاقية جديدة حول تكنولوجيا السوقPosted 23 hours ago
- یوٹل نے آسٹریلیا اور میلبورن میں اولین فلیگشپ ہوٹل کے لئے پرعزم ترقیاتی منصوبوں کا اعلان کردیاPosted 2 days ago
- Nasdaq and the Iraq Stock Exchange Signs New Market Technology AgreementPosted 2 days ago
- ” فوجیان کے اطراف سیاحت، حاصل کریں تمام نعمتیں” رنگ برنگے ژینگژو کی شاندار دنیا میں خوش آمدیدPosted 3 days ago
- Yotel Announces Ambitious Growth Plans for Australia and First Flagship Hotel in MelbournePosted 3 days ago
- “Tour around Fujian, Have all Blessings” — Welcome to the Fantastic World of Colorful ZhangzhouPosted 4 days ago
- ہائیکو میں ڈکٹیل کریک کے ساتھ تصویر کی مانند دلکش واٹرفرنٹ راہداریPosted 1 week ago
- الخطوط الجوية الكويتية تنضمّ إلى نادي عطلات أنانتارا كأحدث شريك يتيح تحويل نقاط الطيرانPosted 1 week ago
- Anantara Vacation Club to add Kuwait Airways as Newest Airline Points Conversion PartnerPosted 1 week ago
- Picturesque Waterfront Corridor along Ducktail Creek in HaikouPosted 1 week ago
Chairman Senate Muhammad Sadiq Sanjrani
Chairman Senate Muhammad Sadiq Sanjrani has said that Pakistan Institute of Parliamentary Services (PIPS) would be further strengthened to enable it for provision of quality services to the lawmakers and impart trainings to the relevant professionals regarding parliamentary services and working of the legislatures. He expressed these views while presiding over a meeting of Board of Governors (BoDs) of PIPS as its President on Wednesday. The meeting was attended by Leader of the House in the Senate Senator Shibli Faraz, Minister for Parliamentary Affairs Azam Swati, Senator Sherry Rehman, MNA Amjad Ali Khan, MNA Nafeesa Inayatullah Khan Khattak, Shahida Akhtar Ali MNA, senior officers of the PIPS and Secretariats of both the Houses of Parliament.
The meeting of BoGs discussed the issue of recruitment of Executive Director of PIPS. The meeting was apprised that the post of the Executive Director has been advertised in the leading newspapers and reasonable numbers of applicants have submitted their applications for the position. The meeting asked the recruitment committee formulated for this purpose to expedite the process for appointment of the Executive Director keeping in view the importance of this prime institution. The meeting also directed that the recruitment against other necessary positions should be made and the services of the Institute must be extended to the training of the employees of the Federal and Provincial governments working in different occupational groups so that they may have the basic knowledge of the parliamentary practices.
Speaking on the occasion Senate Chairman and President BoGs Sadiq Sanjrani has said that the working of the parliamentarians has different dynamics and there is need to establish mechanism for professional legislative assessment of the parliamentary business prepared by the parliamentarians. He said that there is a need to establish a platform for the members with cross party membership which provide necessary assistance to the parliamentarians. He also said that the parliamentarians and those working in the executive offices should collaborate to better understand the working and steering the process of quality legislation in the country. He said that the existing strength of the institute should be rationalised in light of the sanctioned posts to make the organization more proactive and efficient in line with the present day requirements.
Source: Senate of Pakistan.