- The MILLA Group Selects the Leddar Pixell From LeddarTech for the MILLA POD Autonomous ShuttlePosted 1 day ago
- 10kW+ Laser Cutting Machine Made a Sales Record of 260 Sets, Bodor Laser Constantly Surprises the MarketPosted 2 days ago
- ننشا میں منعقدہ آئی ایف ایف میں سسٹین ایبل اکنامک ڈیویلپمنٹ ایک گرما گرم موضوع بنا ہوا ہےPosted 3 days ago
- SNOMED CT supports New Zealand’s Canterbury District Health Board realize vision of a data driven, connected and integrated health systemPosted 3 days ago
- HIMSS & Health 2.0 Launch Middle East Digital Health Conference and Exhibition 29 Nov.-2 Dec., 2020Posted 3 days ago
- Sustained Economic Development Remains a Heated Topic at the IFF Held in NanshaPosted 3 days ago
- دنیا کے ساتھ قدم سے قدم ملا کر ،مستقبل سے بات کرتے ہوئے: گوانگژو کا نانشا سائی ٹیک اختراعات کے نئے اُفق دریافت کررہاہے۔Posted 6 days ago
- OKEx to resume withdrawals after the temporary suspensionPosted 6 days ago
- PRA Health Sciences appoints senior FDA official to lead new Global Center of Excellence for Decentralized Clinical Trial StrategyPosted 6 days ago
- Together with the world, talk to the future: Nansha of Guangzhou explores new horizons of sci-tech innovationPosted 7 days ago
Capella Hotel Group Asia and Pierre Gagnaire Make Joint Debut In Mainland China with “Comptoir Pierre Gagnaire” at Capella Shanghai, Jian Ye Li
Opening in March 2017
SINGAPORE, Dec. 2, 2016 /PRNewswire/ — Capella Hotel Group Asia and illustrious culinary icon Mr. Pierre Gagnaire are pleased to announce their joint debut in Mainland China. Comptoir Pierre Gagnaire, a new concept by Mr. Gagnaire, will be located at Capella Shanghai in the cultural preservation zone of Xuhui District, Shanghai. The French brasserie and all-villa urban resort are part of the Jian Ye Li estate, which is the last remaining cluster of “shikumen” architecture with history dating back to the 1930s. Capella Shanghai and Comptoir Pierre Gagnaire are scheduled to open in March 2017.
Lauded as the “Best Chef in the World 2015” by his industry peers according to French magazine Le Chef, Mr. Gagnaire celebrated 50 years of creativity and success in the kitchen this year. The atlas of Pierre Gagnaire spans 12 restaurants globally with a total of 13 Michelin stars among them. Driven by his mission statement “Facing tomorrow but respectful of yesterday”, the cuisine of Mr. Gagnaire is his means of expression, replacing words with culinary works of art. In the kitchen, he transforms raw ingredients into a symphony of flavors, textures and temperatures delivered with emotion.
“The idea behind Comptoir Pierre Gagnaire is an echo to the 1930s. It sends my message of warmth, quality and modesty as a tribute to the era. The place has to be joyful, comfortable and easily accessible. It is out of the question that it becomes a closed and exclusive place!” said Mr. Gagnaire as he described his refreshing new concept.
“Shanghai is one of the world’s most dynamic cities offering a rich cultural heritage coupled with all the amenities of an international lifestyle. The Pierre Gagnaire philosophy aligns so well with our Capella Canon. Both our organizations demonstrate a common passion and true desire to create memorable experiences for our guests. Pierre’s brilliance as a Michelin-starred chef, combined with his gracious humility, make him a natural partner for Capella Shanghai,” said Mr. Nicholas M. Clayton, Chief Executive Officer of Capella Hotel Group Asia.
Capella Shanghai, Jian Ye Li, is the only all-villa urban resort in the city. A rare architectural heritage, the hotel offers discerning guests the authentic experience of Shanghai’s romantic past. The estate comprises 55 villas, 40 residential apartments as well as The Gallery, which is a collection of restaurants and lifestyle brands.
Helmed by Mr. Gagnaire’s prodigy, Romain Chapel, Comtpoir Pierre Gagnaire will open in March 2017 together with Capella Shanghai, Jian Ye Li. It comprises a 70-seat restaurant, 50-seat bar as well as retail bakery at The Gallery. To complement the residential lifestyle of this charming neighborhood, Comptoir Pierre Gagnaire will cater for breakfast, lunch, afternoon tea and dinner.
For more information about Capella Shanghai and Comptoir Pierre Gagnaire, please contact joleena.seah@
About Capella Hotel Group
Capella Hotel Group, headquartered in Atlanta, Georgia USA, with offices in Asia and Europe, offers hospitality management services globally with four distinct operating models: Capella Hotels and Resorts, an ultra-luxury hotel, resort, and residential concept designed for the most discerning travelers and offering personalized attention with locations in Dusseldorf, Singapore, Ixtapa, and Saint Lucia along with hotels planned for Orlando, Bangkok, Todos Santos, Shanghai and Bali.
Solis Hotels and Resorts, is an exclusive collection of resorts, hotels and residences designed for travelers and meeting planners who seek an environment with a global palette of cosmopolitan comfort, inspiring cuisine, world-class spas with locations in Donegal, Ireland and Nanjing, China along with hotels planned for Bali, Atlanta, Guangzhou, Suzhou and Orlando.
Independent Hotels and Resorts are unique properties that benefit from the management expertise and service culture of the Capella Hotel Group. Locations are in New Zealand, Bali and the United States along with hotels planned for Mexico, China and Europe.
Auriga is a world-class health and wellness spa concept inspired by the cycles of the moon. Each Auriga signature treatment is carefully crafted to take into account the impact these different cycles have on our physical and emotional wellbeing.
Capella Hotel Group Asia
Director, Marketing & Communications